24

Author's Notes

This chapter and the next is a prelude to Let's Fight to the End episode. Also during (Y/n) (L/n) under her stage name Eva Glow, the cover song True Faith is credited by Lotte Kestner and was used in the video game trailer The Last of Us Part 2. Note that the lyrics is different and some lyrics are written by me.

***

You apologized to Ed and the others for not telling them about having a reluctant date with Shadowy Venomous. You even reassured them that Shadowy didn't try anything to hurt you (well except that you didn't tell them that he actually stole a kiss from you). 

Ever since that night, you couldn't help but recalling what happened back then. Shadowy Venomous gave you dark pleasure and you, of all people, didn't resist. You don't know if you couldn't forgive yourself. You sighed.

Then Carina came to visit and inform you about a performance tonight. She told you, Ed, Jeanne, and Aliya about your dad invited Carol and Mr. Gar to see a show tonight. Also, he even reserved the entire club for the night.

"Carol and Mr. Gar are the judges for the Plaza Tournament?!" Ed became surprised to find out about the judges for the Plaza Tournament.

"That's right. I heard Carla has chosen those two as the esteemed judges." explained Carina. "Anyway, you need to get ready for tonight, Koneko-chan."

Carina noticed you were kinda half-listening during the conversation.

"Hey, Koneko-chan, are you listening?"

"Huh?" you realized that Carina talking and replied, "Oh, sorry. I was kinda spacing out a bit."

"Koneko-chan, tonight's the big night." the purple short-haired girl reminded you, "Not to mention we got Mr. Gar and Carol as VIPs."

"Yeah, I know." you understood. "Don't want to mess up the big night, right?"

Tonight had arrived as you were getting ready for the show you're performing. You were at your dressing room with Ed, Aliya, and Jeanne.

"I can't wait to see your performance as Eva Glow." said Ed. "This is my first time, in fact."

"You mean our first time." corrected Jeanne.

"I never knew that this is actually what you are doing ever since you left POINT." stated Aliya.

Ed then noticed your look on your face.

"Hey, (Y/n). Are you nervous of tonight's performance?" she asked.

You stared at the mirror and answered, "Actually... I was wondering about Carol. I bet she is still heart-broken after what happened to..."

The girls realized that you're talking about KO's dark alter ego TKO, who is now taking over KO's both mind and body.

"Hey, I'm sure Mr. Gar is trying his best to cheer Carol up." Ed stated.

"Yeah..." you agreed.

Then you picked up a box and opened it, revealing a familiar purple accessory. Ed noticed as she watched you placed the purple collar around your neck.

"Y'know, it's been a while since you last wore that." the four-eyed hacker girl mentioned.

"Yeah, usually, you always use your purple gem collar as part of your disguises when you were Stealth Mode." Jeanne mentioned about you using your purple gem necklace when you used disguises like when you were undercover as Violet.

"Well, it's a very important occassional night after all." You stated as you smiled at your friends.

Then the knock on the door was heard and Carina entered inside.