Chapter 7: Time Traveler

Start from the beginning

"Helcurt may have realized that earlier. That's why he wanted to recruit you badly. He might be after you more than he's after me. Having other heroes beside him will make him more invincible. And with a strong army, invading all parts of the Land is not impossible," Vale made a clearer point.

"Apart from that, there is also one important thing. Guess what?" Lou Yi gestured in a mysterious tone.

Then Rafaela stepped forward, and seemed to think the strangest of ideas. "Oh no! It couldn't be! With that ability, he will surely find the Turtle, or worse the Lord!"

"Exactly," Lou Yi agreed. "Any dust or even the tiniest part of the Mighty Turtle and Lord will be used to locate these mythical creatures. And when that happens, everything will be horrible."

"Hmmmn. The Turtle or The Lord. It made sense. Until now, none had ever defeated the Turtle, not even the Lord," said Aldous.

"That's not because they're really powerful. As first and foremost, they're difficult to find. The Magic Academy once told that it only takes one hour for a Lord or a Turtle to stay in one place, then it would move to another random, peaceful location," Lou Yi added.

"Not that really peaceful. I remembered once when I treated Yi Sun-shin for serious injuries. To everyone's surprise, the legendary Turtle moved into his ship. For an hour they struggled fighting. Until it's gone," Rafaela motioned. "The Turtle, once killed, will only spawn back after a thousand years. And by far, no one has ever slain it yet. The last was when Roger acquired the Turtle's buff two thousand years ago."

Suddenly, Vale stood up, and look at me intently in the eye. "Looks like you're the most important Leonin who has ever lived now, Harith." Then he took something from the air, and out of nowhere, a weapon, emitting crystal-blue light appeared. "Take this. This will temporarily protect you. Use this when needed."

"But Vale, I know this thing

"But Vale, I know this thing. This is Winter Truncheon. This is way too much pricey and rare. What about you?"

"I will buy another one in the Truncheon Market. And yes, that's rare. They say a quarter of that truncheon is molded from broken aquamarines. That's where it gets its strength."

"Well then, I will have it hidden in my Time Lock. Thank you," I said to Vale, deeply thankful for his gratitude.

"Just make sure to stay alive, okay? The world needs you more than us. Whatever happens, do your ability for the good," advised Vale, to which I nodded.

"So going back, what's the plan?" Aldous threw again the same question.

"First, we need to create the best team of five. My Diversion Ultimate can only carry five heroes at a time, including me. This team will teleport to the core part of the Celestial Palace, fighting Helcurt's squad," Lou Yi proposed.

"I don't think that's a good plan. Why do we have to fight inside the Palace? We can do it outside to a war terrain Helcurt's not familiar with," Vale suggested.