Minutes into the mayhem, I caught sight of Bellamy taking off, rushing out of lockup and toward the main gates. My heart dropped...we had been busted.

I turned with wide eyes to Harper who had also noticed his departure. She lifted the walkie to her mouth, yelling that we had been caught-it was time to abort. We were no use to anyone if we were all in lockup...it was time to run.

---

I picked up my pace as I rushed down the corridor of the Ark, away from lockup. There had been so much chaos in the riot, it was unlikely anyone had seen me there at all-that's what I was hoping at least.  Harper and I had split ways, knowing it was better to be apart incase we were apprehended.

It looks like our line of thinking was best, as not seconds after I rounded the corner to Raven's quarters where I was planning on laying low, my name was called from down the hall. I froze, contemplating my options-run, or face defeat.

I went with the first option.

The yelling of the guards carried behind me as I pushed myself to go faster. I had to get to our escape route. Heavy breaths left my lips as my feet pounded against the metal floors. I was almost there, almost.

A gasp flew from my lips as a body collided into me from behind, sending me harshly to the ground. I had no chance to run anymore, I was caught.

I grunted as my hands were tied behind my back, the guard digging his knee into my back, "Avery Collins, by order of the chancellor, you're under arrest."

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp, aggressively kicking my feet as I fought against his grip. "For what!?" I spat, anger seeping from my words.

The guard ignored me, instead yanking me onto my feet. I sent him a dark glare, trying once again to pull myself from his grasp.

He harshly pulled me closer to him. "I'd watch it if I were you." he advised, his eyes taunting. "Your boyfriend can't protect you from everything."

I clenched my jaw, pulling my eyes away from his as he began to shove me down the hall. I knew he was right...whatever was to come, I knew it was out of Bellamy's control.

---

My hands were still bound behind my back minutes later as I was sat in a hard metal chair, a small metal table in front of me. Watching me with intense eyes were half a dozen or so of Pike and his men. However, one pair of eyes watched me more closely than the rest.

I quickly brought my eyes to his, and Bellamy instantly dropped his eyes to the ground in shame.

My eyes shifted back to Pike, who stood in front of me with his arms crossed in front of his chest. It was in this setting that he finally looked familiar to me. It finally clicked in my brain. He had taught Earth skills to us before we were sent to the ground. That was one of the rare occasions Octavia and I had been allowed to mingle with the other prisoners. I had barely paid attention to a thing Pike had said, too caught up in studying the rest of the kids in the room. Monty and Jasper had been there, entertaining everyone like usual.

I almost smiled at the memory, but Pike's words interrupted any blissful thoughts, "Do you have anything to say for yourself before we begin?"

A small laugh flew from my lips as I shook my head, "Go to hell." I spat.

I hated this man. I hated him with everything inside me. He had taken advantage of Bellamy when was he was broken and guilt ridden and turned him into someone he wasn't. This man was a manipulator and murderer.

I knew what he was doing, why I was in here. I hadn't been caught redhanded like Kane or Sinclair. The reason I was in here, was to prove a point. Anyone who went against Pike would be punished, even if their boyfriend was his right hand in command.

I could see Bellamy wince out of the corner of my eye as Pike nodded, "Finn was your brother, correct?" I felt my breathing becoming laboured as Pike continued "It sounds like him and I were alike. He understood the threat of the Grounders did he not? If I'm not mistaken, he died because your Chancellor didn't handle the issue forefront. Your brother died because Kane and the others turned him in. They failed to protect him from the Grounders and because of that he died. Are these the people-"

The sound of the metal chair screeching across the floor cut him off as I managed to stand, sending the chair flying backward, "Keep his name out of your damn mouth!" I screamed, my voice sounding darker than it ever had. If I wasn't detained, I would have lunged at the Pike. I wanted to kill him, I truly did.

One of the guards grabbed a hold of me, shoving me back into the chair. I shrugged out of their grasp, my eyes locked on Pike. "You know nothing about my brother! He was nothing like you." I bit out, my chest heaving in anger, "Don't you ever speak another word of him. " Angry tears formed in my eyes as they shifted to Bellamy, who looked equally as upset. His eyes met mine for a moment, and within them I could see that he looked broken.

Pike looked to the two guards behind me, clearly not getting the response he wanted, "Take her back to lockup." he ordered, his eyes meeting mine briefly, "You'll be sentenced along with the rest of the prisoners later this evening."

The guards grabbed me under the arms, yanking me from the chair and to my feet. I kept my angry eyes locked on Pike as I was dragged from the room. "You'll pay for this." I promised, my voice full of anger.

Before I was pulled from the room for good, my eyes locked with Bellamy's. He looked guilt ridden, but for once, I didn't care.