Chapter Ten: The Doll

***No one's P.O.V***

The following day rolled by without much happing for once, it was the first day in a long time where nothing occurred. The same night however, Jack took it upon himself to speak with the captain. But he was unsure on how to meet with the captain without arising suspicion from his wife. Fortunately, Blackbeard summoned him that very same day.

Jack entered his Captains quarters and noticed a blunt butter knife resting on the table. His eyes watched it closely as he thought of an idea. He quickly snatched the knife up and placed in his hand, holding it behind his back.

"That knife will serve you no better than your mutiny." Blackbeard informed Jack not bothering to look up from his desk.

"The mutiny served me well. I gained an audience with you." Jack replied to Blackbeard, confidant in his words and clamness in his voice.

"Oh. So what brings you hear?" Blackbeard responded with a question

"You summonsed me and to warn you. Regarding your First Mate. Who pretends to be a person she is not." Jack replied, determined to change his mind.

"Do tell." Blackbeard replied to Jack in a voice that gave away he was not interested in what Jack had to say. Instead, he was more concerned about the object he was fiddling with.

"She's not as loyal as you think, but what she is, is evil. More feared than a wild beast. Hungry, wild beast. From Hell." Jack spoke as he ticked off his imaginary list of names in his head on his fingers.

"Vengeful, hungry, from Hell. A beast and did I mention wild?" Jack asked losing track of his thoughts and detouring from his point.

"You speak thusly about one of my most trusted members of this crew." Blackbeard answered as he made his way over to Jack with a clam, intimidating look on his face.

He reached up to Jack's hair and pulled a dreadlock out harshly and made his way back to his desk.  Jack peeked over and saw what he was working on, he looked at the sea captain weirdly, not sure what to say. Jack shook his head getting his mind to focus on the subject matter.

"Sir, the woman is consummate in the art of deception." Jack spoke up.

As the conversation was taking place, Sophie was making her way to the captain's quarters and politely knocked on the door, respecting the feared pirate's privacy, unaware that Jack was inside, tempering with the plan.

She waited patiently and went to knock again but heard voices on the other side. She pressed her ear up against the door and listened in on the conversation, hoping to get an idea on Blackbeard's next move.

"I know. I taught her. Though I cannot claim credit for her abundance of natural talent-"  Jack was cut off mid- sentence.

"Sophie, my First Mate. One of the best decisions I've made in my lifetime and you claim to have corrupted her?" Blackbeard questioned him, not convinced of his statement.

"But it was so easy." Jack replied with a smirk on his face.

"Jack, you are aware that I've been informed of your previous endeavours with Sophie? But why should I believe your words when the poor girl was placed in Hell and back because of you?" Blackbeard replied, standing up for Sophie on her behalf.

Jack looked at him confused, not understanding what Sophie had told him or how much she told. One thing he was sure of, throughout the course of their relationship he's never placed Sophie in any situation that would result her in danger. He looked around the room, admitting to his defeat trying to come up with an answer.