Chapter Two: Heartache

Chapter two: Heartache.

***No one's P.O.V***

Jack was shocked, sad, heart-broken and everything in between. "Lost?" he questioned his father in law. He looked at him with disbelief, Jack had only just started to get along with him and now this happens.

"I defended her mightily. But she be sunk, nonetheless." Barbosa said with a tinge of heartache.

Jack sprung up without any warning and made his way over to Barbosa, he stood in front of him face to face and glared harshly. Before the guards grabbed him, Jack spoke in a dangerously deep voice.

"If she be lost, properly, you should be lost as well." Jack responded clearly referring to Sophie who was lost to the sea.

"Aye, in a kinder world." Hector replied. There was something about his tone that put Jack in a different mindset for a moment or two.
Maybe there's more to the story. Jack thought to himself. Before her plunder the idea any further, the guards grabbed him while others aimed riffles to his head.

As he was placed back in his spot, jack knew there was a small piece of information that Barbosa knew that Jack didn't.

"Captain Barbosa. Each second we tarry, the Spanish outdistance us. I have every confidence you will prevail and be rewarded with the high station you desire." King George said. Barbosa turned towards his king and bowed to his words, in an understanding and respectful manner.

"You, sir, have stooped." Jack claimed.

"Our sands be all but run. Where's the harm in joining the winning side?" Barbosa questioned him with a knowing look.

"But, Hector... the wig." Jack said making Barbosa look at him, Jack took this as his opportune moment and suddenly bashed the guards together.

He shoved their riffles upward and they fired to the roof, hitting the chandelier. A rope snapped which made the fancy light fall to one side resulting in the chandelier swinging. Jack leaped onto the table and raced along, knocking away the food in his path.

He reached down and picked up the chair that he once moved and flinged it into the stained-glass window. He jumped up to the window ledge and realised he was on the second floor and if he didn't plan this out right, it could end very poorly.

He grabbed the rope to the curtain, as he went to push off, the tall guard started barrelling his way, but he slipped on the napkin Jack strategically placed. Out of control, the tall Guard slid over to the window upon the napkin, Jack politely handed the curtain rope to him as he passed by and fell out the window. Causing Jack, to plummet up above the slashing sword blade of the Captain of the Guards from the valance.

Jack leaped for the chandelier catching it just as it swung towards him. He looked down and smirk to himself as his planned began to unfold. He swung from the chandelier to the high balcony, he paused for a moment and reached his hand up as the light swung back to him. He recovered the cream puff that was impelled on the chandelier, he took a quick bite, swallowed and was gone in a flash.

"He escaped." King George said in an annoyed tone. The chandelier crashed into the centre of the table and Barbosa smiled.

"Leave it to me." Were his last words.

Meanwhile, Jack raced down the stairs, passing by a slow-moving guard who had his effects. The guard saw Jack and pursues, at the bottom, he dumps Jack's items onto the table and drew his own sword out, joining the other two guards in pursuit on Jack as he peeked out from under the table and his beloved items in front of him.

Jack slid to a stop at the window sill, it was still a long way down to drop, but footsteps could be heard, and they approached becoming louder and louder. When the guards reached the window, Jack had disappeared. He hung from a weir and started to crawl hand- over- hand, holding onto the royal bunting that spans the street. He hid behind the royal flag, but something fell.

The golden crown which was stolen from its display case. It fell onto the cobblestone path with a loud clatter, drawing the attention of the guards on the street below. They shouted and pointed up, so the captain of the guards poked his head out, trying to work out what the commotion was about. He saw Jack's fingers and he slashed down the weir, causing it to break and Jack swung down into a moving carriage.

But not just any old carriage, it was the Society lady to which, he landed across her lap. Jack kissed her hand in respect but mischievously stole her bracelet. He climbed out onto the roof of the carriage and the guards spotted him. A second carriage levelled with the one Jack was already on and he jumped onto the second one, he missed judged the distance and stepped back now resalting him straddling the two carriages. The carriage reached an intersection, one proceeded forward while the other made a sharp turn. Jack was left with no choice but to leap off onto a flatback cart, carrying a plain wood casket. Jack looked up and sees his headed towards the soldiers.

He stepped off the casket and onto a passing plank, carried by workers, then onto the top hat of a passing Englishmen and finally just made it onto a slow-moving coal wagon. Jack climbed forward, pushed the driver aside and snaps the reins, but the horses didn't respond. The Capitan was behind jack of horseback and yelled to his men, who were also on horses to fire.

The bullets hit a lantern minted in the side of the wagon and it explodes, lighting the coal. The horses leaped up in fright and the driver drove off. The flaming cart raced beneath an arch, pursued by soldiers on horseback and it careens down the street. As doing so, a father herded his family across the street with his son on his back and his daughter who was wearing a bonnet, holding his hand.

The father sees the wagon and hurried his children across, ahead of the wagon, but a gust of wind blew the young girl's hat off her head back onto the street and she ran after it. It landed in the middle and she went to reach for it but was yanked back by her father just in time as the flaming cart thundered past them and crushed the hat. The guards followed the wagons trail of sparks in hot pursuit. As the cart proceeded under a pub sign, called the Captain's daughter. Jack jumps up and heled on until the guards past him, with his face pressed against the bosom of the woman on the sign.

Once he knew it to be all clear, Jack jumped down, dusted himself off and went to turn around. A guard who was walked out from the alley, saw Jack and aimed his riffle to his heart. "Filthy pirate." The guard stated. His finger squeezed the trigger and a shot was fired. The guard fell forward. Behind him, was a smoking pistol which belong to Captain Teague.

"Hello, Jackie." Teague greeted his son.