After I was finished getting ready I went out to the porch swing and sat there, deciding that since Layla wouldn't be here for a little while longer I had enough time to journal. I sat down and began writing all about my first few days in LA and how I was adjusting to it all. I wrote about how kind Liam has been, how excited I was to have new friends, how much I missed my parents and Tess, and how conflicting my crush on Harry has been. I must have been writing forever because when I looked up, I saw Layla walking across the backyard, and she was now only a few feet away from me. I quickly closed my journal and stood up to greet Layla.

Before I could say a thing she raised an eyebrow and said, "Diary?"

I shook my head in response and said, "Journal."

"Aren't those the same thing?"

I laughed before responding, "I dunno, I see diary's as a super 'Oooooh this boy is so cute I love him' type of thing when I really just write about how my life is and use it as a way of reflecting."

She smirked before saying, "Oh, so there's nothing about boys in there?"

"I mean there is, but it's not all about that."

"Oh," she replied, keeping the same smirk on her face. "Anyone I know?"

"Shut up." I said, whacking her arm with the back of my journal.

She laughed it off but didn't press any further, so I put my journal back in the house before we headed out to lunch.

Lunch with Layla was great, she spoke so freely and honestly just had a great personality. I felt like we had been friends for years and we just clicked. We went to a cute pizzeria across town that she said she used to go to all the time with her friends when she was in high school. It was some of the best pizza I had ever eaten and I was so obsessed. After lunch we came home and decided to go for a swim, and so Layla and I went inside to go change. I found a cute bikini for myself that was a baby pink color that really suited my skin tone since I was beginning to get a tan. I gave Layla a floral lavender one that looked absolutely amazing on her since she didn't have one with her, and we grabbed a few drinks before heading outside. We were sat on the steps of the pool having a drink when Liam came outside.

"Woah, who let your half naked girlfriend into my backyard?" Liam said into the phone while laughing hysterically.

"Is that Mitch?" Layla asked, turning towards Liam.

"Did you hear that man?" Liam spoke, "She asked if it was you. How many other guys are calling her their girlfriend?? Oh wow, I never saw you as that type of girl Layla."

Layla rolled her eyes at Liam and responded, "And you can't even get one girl to call you boyfriend, what a shame."

Liam's jaw dropped while Layla and I busted out laughing at the scene in front of us. "You better come get your girl Mitch." Liam said, shaking his head at Layla.

"Yeah you should probably come get her Mitch!" I yelled towards Liam's phone as he sat down by the edge of the pool, "She's looking so hot right now that I might just have to steal her for myself!"

This caused Layla, Liam and I to all laugh as Liam put his phone on speaker for us to hear Mitch's reaction.

"Harry. Harry. HARRY!" Mitch shouted, "We gotta go, Madilyn's about to steal my girl man."

I heard the sound of Harry laughing in the background and the butterflies fluttered around my stomach. It was funny how gullible Mitch was.

"What are you going on about?" Harry asked.

We all listened as Mitch responded to Harry, still laughing at his urgency to come save Layla. "She said that I needed to come get my girl because she was looking so hot that she might just steal her for herself! We gotta go man!"