CHAPTER 21 - MY PERSON

Camila Cabello-Jauregui's POV

December 12, 2016 - Monday

Once again I am sitting on the couch facing my psychologist's chair, she is writing something down on her clipboard as usual. I'm feeling great, this morning I woke up happy and lighter. My son went to spend the day at my best friend's house, because Toni was begging for it, and I came to my appointment alone, unfortunately I still don't have the confidence to drive, so I had to ask for a car on the app. And to my sadness, I also couldn't count on Lauren, as she would need to get to work early.

Well, here I am, about to tell you the latest events.

"Forgive me for the delay, my secretary bought this new clipboard and it needs more information than the previous one. It has given me trouble."

I smile in understanding.

"OK no problem."

"How are things going Camila?"

Dr. Brooke asks and looks at me through her lashes over the lenses of her prescription glasses, my automatic reaction to thinking about the past few days is to smile wide. I have not been able to control the happiness within me.

"In the general sense? They are getting better and better, it seems that every new day is like a better kind of restart than the previous one."

"That gigantic smile is full of untold things, want to talk about?"

"I just... I feel good, things are looking up. Each day I learn more about Camila that I forgot, and I am more familiar with my routine."

"This is wonderful to know, I am very happy that things are improving." She says and writes something on her clipboard. "What about your wife? Or should I call her by her name?"

"She is my wife, I have not yet become fully accustomed to being married and not remembering, but I am calm about the fact that we are married. And my smile is a big part because of her, I think I realized that if it was someone else, maybe everything would go wrong."

Dr. Brooke looks really surprised to hear me say that, but keeps her comments to herself as she writes down more. I understand her shock, because in the last few sessions, no matter how much I made it clear that my relationship with my wife had improved, I never referred to her as such, and I didn't let them do that. I have no reason to try to erase the fact that I'm married to Lauren, that's what we are, we're letting things take their course and I'm happy that I feel more and more good things about her.

"This is a very significant improvement. Getting along is the best way to help you with your re-adaptation. I am happy for this advancement."

"I am also very happy, since we talked about letting her enter my life again, things have been easier. We went to spend the weekend in Miami, at her parents' house."

"Oh really? And how it was? Did you feel good?"

"It was great, despite a small disagreement between Clara and Lauren, the days were pleasant. She took me to a place where we used to go when we were younger, full of memories. It was like going into a private cinema about my life with her."

"I have noticed that more and more you talk about her with joy. This evolution is really important, I hope you know that."

"I know. Um, we..."

My face gets hot when I stop before saying that, Dr. Brooke smiles and looks at me suspiciously.

"What?"

"We kissed, and this time it was real kisses. Many."

"Many?"

"Several, I can't help it. Every time she presses me against something or just near me when we are alone, it makes me want not to let her mouth go."