CHAPTER 20 - UNTIL WHEN TO RESIST?

Camila Cabello-Jauregui's POV

December 6, 2016 - Tuesday

I'm sweaty, I feel my clothes stick to my body, but it doesn't bother me much. My muscles are incredibly stretched from the effort made for hours, I look at my wristwatch to check the hours and notice that it is almost the end of my shift. The beginning of the month started hectic, it seems that all my students decided to get motivated in the last month of the year for some reason, maybe most of them want to be well for the holidays. I'm not complaining, I love it.

"Are we going one last time before we leave?"

I ask the staff, who animatedly answer me positively. My usual dance partner approaches me so that we can repeat the same choreography just now. After we finish our activity, as usual, a circle comes together to talk about the class and other things and then say goodbye. I had just left the bathroom in my office when I came across an unexpected visitor, standing in front of the photomural that is here. Yes, my life is surrounded by pictures in every corner.

"Hi baby, I hope I didn't scare you."

"I thought you were leaving work late today." I comment, walking towards her to give her a welcome kiss. Lauren smiles before grabbing my waist and sticking our lips together in a long, delicious peck. "Did something happen?"

"No, I managed to leave early and decided to stop by to pick you up. Better than you having to get a car in the app to go home, right?"

"Diego was going to take me home actually."

I hear Lauren huffing under her breath, almost laughing out loud because of her clear jealousy, but I refrain. I don't want to look like I'm provoking her, because I'm really not.

"I know, I met him on the way and told him that I would take my wife home myself."

"You know he's married and gay, don't you?"

"He's still a man tho."

"You look cute jealous." I play after picking up my things, getting close to her to hold her face and pinch her cheeks with my fingers. Lauren makes a dramatic pout and I can't resist, leaning over to kiss her. "Come here."

"Only if you give me a real kiss."

She says without tones; in the last few days this has been her game to get several things from me. Lauren is already aware that I am increasingly falling for her and has taken advantage of it. Not that I'm complaining about it because she never obligates me to anything, I do it because I want to do it. That's why I can't resist giving the tastiest kiss ever.

Lauren sighs into my mouth, bringing both hands to the hair on the back of my neck to hold tightly, making me shiver. I can't resist, dropping my bag at our feet so I can hold her waist tightly. The kiss suddenly gains enormous momentum, this is another thing that has happened with an absurd frequency; we don't control ourselves well.

"Lauren... I... calm down."

"Sorry. Sorry." She says quickly and touches our foreheads, I open my eyes to face her and notice the smile on her lips. This woman resonates very much. "I can't resist anymore. Sorry..."

"You don't need to apologize for that, I too, um, I can't resist... but you understand me, right?"

"Yes! Yes, of course I understand my love." We pull away and she bends down, picking up my bag from the floor. "Let's go."

She calls me and extends her arm for me to hold; something I do promptly and very satisfied. On the way we passed some people who are also leaving, we greet others. It is very good to see the respect and admiration that they have for both of us as a couple, that makes me calm. I would hate to have to dismiss someone because of prejudice.