Chapter 2: Cars and Hotels

We keep driving for hours on end. I almost can't contain my disappointment for how Troy left me there. I mean he must have been feeling pretty bad for what he had done, but even a simple apology would make me feel a little bit better. That little bleeping bleep Layla, I shouldn't have been friends with her. I fricking hate her now because she made out with my boyfriend behind my back and told me I was a b**ch. Bleh. Life. Sucks.

At least my other friends said their goodbyes and hugged me, they were even crying for Pete's Sakes. I'm listening to music right now that reflects my mood, mostly sad songs but a couple upbeat ones just so that I can get through the drive. I think I have replayed Hey Jude by The Beatles about seven times now, that song is so relatable in so many ways. I love it.

My parents are arguing about something stupid but I think it's just because we have been crammed in this car for 4 hours now. Still have three more hours to go until we stop at some small hotel in Nevada. Woo, how fun. My mind keeps escaping to different things laces, car rides are times to think I guess. I don't have anyone to talk besides my parents and I don't feel like talking to them. They won't understand my problems, sometimes I wish I had a sister I could talk to. Although, a lot of my friends that have sisters say they are annoying as heck.

The next song on my phone plays, and I start bursting out singing. "AND WEEE WILL NEVER EVERR EVERR EVERR BE GETTING BACK TOGETHER!!" This is song literally understands me at the moment. I'm never getting back together Troy, thanks T-swift. My parents tell me to be quiet and I give an eye roll in return. They don't understand my social life at the moment.

After the song finishes I decide to take a tiny little catnap. I fall asleep in a couple of quick seconds and have a very abnormal dream. I'm in a big pink bubble and my parents are in another large green bubble. I try to scream to them, but the bubble only reflects my sounds inside it. I honestly don't know why I'm screaming to them but oh well it's a dream.

Then, both our bubbles start to fly up and I try to escape. My parents are drifting away from we and I try to shift all my weight to one side to be with them. I can't see them anymore and now I can see an eagle in the distance. It comes shooting at me and I try to dodge it but it pecks on my bubble and I fall from the air. I'm going to die, I'm going to-

I wake up from the dream.

My parents are laughing and I ask them why. What must be so funny that they can't tell me? I need to know why they are laughing this instant.

"That must've been quite a dream you had." Then my mom snorts out a laugh. Of course they are laughing at me, I'm curious what they heard.

"What did you hear?" I glare at my father driving the car.

"Well, we could hear you screaming like a dying pig and then you kept saying 'EAGLLEEE!' We didn't know what to think," my dad tells me. He must've seen my glare out of peripheral vision.

I start laughing with them a little now too. I mean it is pretty funny that your own daughter is screaming and yelling the word eagle without even knowing. Haha, I crack myself up.

I wait for another hour until we reach our hotel in Nevada. Its pretty boring and old, but I can live through the night in it. The U-haul behind the car takes up a lot of room in the old parking lot but nobody is here so it doesn't matter.

I drag in my tiny suitcase for hotels into the rickety old motel. There is an old 70 year old guy at the check-in who lets bring our cat into the place. He's a sweet old man, I just want to pinch his cheeks. My cat meows persistently and that means she has to go do her do-do. We did bring a litter box but instead I just bring her outside to do her business.