Chapter 6: Dinner and Sneak Attacks

I smile at myself as I walk out of the bus. I can't believe I just made a plan that incredible, because the twins basically came to me. Finally, something good comes to me. When I walk through the door, I see my mom making something that smells terrific. I go up to her and she looks surprised to see me, I give her a little jolt.

"What are you making, mom?" I ask her out of pure curiosity.

"I'm making some brownies and then I'm going to make some lasagna," she says with a kind smile.

"Why? I thought we were just going to have take out again."

"Well, me and your father invited over the McKay's over for dinner tonight. We didn't just want to have pizza, that would be rude."

"Why are we having them over?" I want to shout at her, but I keep my cool. She doesn't know the feud I have with Blake, she can't know. She would be questioning all night about how I can develop an enemy that quickly. Basically everyone in the school so far thinks I'm a huge geek. Which I am, but I don't want everyone at school to know that. To be honest, I'm very insecure about myself. I hate being the center of attention, even though some people crave the feeling.

My mother raises and eyebrow and I smile. Then she answers my question, "because we want to make a good impression on our neighbors," she goes back to cooking. What family even wants to eat on a Tuesday? I bet they're crazy, all of them.

I go into my room and shut the blinds. I need to relax and not talk to Blake until I have to at dinner. I take my headphones from a box, then I play my music. I really want to sing, but I'm afraid Blake will hear my terrible voice. I decide in my head if I should, if he hears it he could record it and post it onto the Internet. I'm probably better to just sit here and listen. I go onto my phone and open Twitter. No surprise there.

I look to see how many retweets my video got on Blake's page. It stayed the same since I last checked it, thank goodness. Maybe he lost his fame for now. I just have to be careful about everything I do for now on. I wish I could just go and live in Australia or Iceland or something. I've never been there, I could just relax and stare at the beautiful ocean. Coming over the sand and streets, being as blue as always. I hope that's my next Christmas present. One way trip to Australia.

I look at myself in the mirror and I look like a wreck. My hair has completely fallen out of place and my pants have tiny little wrinkles in them, why doesn't anybody tell me anything? I decide to redo my French braid because it looks hideous at the moment, I wish I had perfect hair. Not too straight, not too curly just wavy. Except no, my dumb hair has to be as straight as a freaking stick and I hate it.

I make my way down to the kitchen again to see if my father is home. I want to ask what time Blake's family is coming over, but I just think against it. I'm already ready, plus my mother will think I'm over excited and will invite them over earlier. That would be a nightmare, a nightmare on Elm Street.

Except we don't live on Elm Street.

I go up stairs and start on my homework. I have to finish this soon, because I don't want to stay up late again tonight. I open my window and see nobody in the room so I leave it open for a while. I like the fresh air entering my room, it makes my mind clear and fresher. Maybe that's just me, but I don't think I could stand a day without having some type of fresh air.

Once I finish my math homework, I see somebody in the room across the room from me. I see Blake, he has a notepad in his lap and is staring at something very intently. I wonder what he is doing, plotting out his next plan to murder me? Although, he looks very focused on what he is looking at I feel it isn't something good. I put my headphones and pretend I don't notice him across the room. I just want to have some personal time away from the boy, he pesters me all the time and it's better for him not to know that I'm here. It is my room anyways, I don't need to pay attention to some boy across from me.