Chapter 6 - Contracts (Finale)

A/N Wow. This is the end. Thank you so much. Please vote, comment, and add if you haven't already, it makes my day. Please see the end of the chapter for some important notes.

The thought had always lingered in the back of Ciel Phantomhive's mind. It was fine for a while, it was merely his end and Ciel didn't mind that. But then he started to fall in love. He started to fall in love with his butler, with Sebastian Michaelis, with the demon to which he sold his soul. But even then, it was okay because Sebastian didn't love him, and Ciel had accepted his fate and heartbreak. And then they kissed for the first time and everything went downhill.

The thought became a question, becoming the elephant in the room every time either one of the two caught a glimpse of the contract marking or wondered of what was to come after Ciel had his revenge. Ciel Phantomhive didn't fear death. No. No, death had taken so much, that taking the earl would be a small accomplishment in the earls story. But Ciel didn't know if that's what Sebastian had wanted. After more than a decade of ignoring the question, Ciel finally confronted his butler about the situation.

"When I kill them" Sebastian turned "When I get my revenge" The raven haired man tensed, shoulders tightening "Are you still going to take my soul?"

Silence echoes through the room, though Sebastian felt as though his thoughts were being projected as his head got louder. He didn't want to kill the earl, he didn't want to take his lover's soul, but the thoughts of how his family would react made him want to sink into the floor. His sisters had always been perfect for demon duty, bringing quality souls in every month or so, not to mention the cheaper souls they gathered once or twice a week. Sebastian was always stuck on longer contracts, and his parents seemed to blame him for this coincidence, scolding him for not bringing home food often or not killing the brats sooner.

If he came home after almost two decades without a soul, he was sure to be beaten bloody at the very least. Still, to take Ciel away from the only people left who'd love him and the small amount of happiness he had left was something he couldn't do to his lover. For a second he thought of running away with the earl, but shook his head at the stupid idea immediately. Demons would find him and the bluenet soon enough, and would make both of them pay...

So Sebastian stuffed the thought in the back of his mind, refusing to think of what he would do when the time came... and then of course, his master became even more pushy towards the subject.

"When I kill them, when I get my revenge... are you still going to take my soul?"

The butler stayed quiet, keeping his eyes trained on Mey-Rin, Finny and Bard playing with the children outside. Ciel turned, trying to make eye contact with his lover while the silence stretched. He reached for Sebastian's hand, and the demon winced before flicking his eyes away from the window and towards the bunette for only a moment, before returning his gaze to the midday sun. "I'm not scared, love" Ciel finally said, breaking the silence "You understand that, right? Death doesn't scare me. Nothing really does anymore"

"I know" the silence stretched on, and Sebastian finally raised his head to look at his master. Ciel was surprised to see the tears welling in his eyes. "But I am. I'm scared of losing you because I've never felt this way before and I- Everyone always told me that I couldn't feel but then I fell in love with you and I felt everything and I don't want that to go away, I don't want you to go away, I-" Sebastian took a breath, and in one swift motion he grabbed Ciel by the waist and lifted him up so that the earl was now sitting on a desk, Sebastians hips in between his legs as the demon rested his head on the other man's shoulder. "I don't want to lose you"

Ciel felt his eyes soften, before bringing Sebastian's face away from his shoulder and into his hands "I won't leave you" he whispered, their voices had become so soft that they could barely hear each other. "We'll both be in hell together, so it may be hard to have as close of a relationship than what we do know, but I believe you'll make your way to me. You'll be there, I'll be there, and nothing will separate us, my love"