ChikaYou camping trip part 1

Chika and You were cuddling on You's bed. They were spending the day together at You's house. They had been going over to each other's houses very often since it summer break. They were already together and had been for a few months already. You grabbed her phone to check the time. "Chika-chan, it's getting late. You should probably head home soon so Mito-nee doesn't scold you to death." She said.

"I don't want to! It never feels like we get to spend enough time together. I want to just stay here for a whole week." Chika complained. She pouted a little and pressed her face into You's neck. You stroked her head softly and sighed. "I don't want you to leave either, but we'll see each other again in probably the next two days." She said. Chika suddenly moved her head away from You's neck and grinned and her. "I've got an idea! Since it's summer time, why don't we go on a camping trip together?" She suggested.

"A camping trip? Where? When?" You asked. It did sound interesting to her. "A big, open space somewhere sounds nice! How about we go tomorrow?" Chika asked. "I won't have much time to get ready, but I think that does sound fun. I'll try to get permission from my parents later." You said. "I hope we can go! The camping trip is going to be so much fun!" Chika said. Then they were both quiet again and cuddled more.

The next day, Chika's sister, Shima, was driving Chika and You to a large field that they could camp at for a few days. "Make sure to call me when you both are done camping. You can't stay any longer than three days." Shima said. Chika and You were going camping by themselves, so Shima was giving them rules and warnings to keep them safe. The car's trunk was full of camping stuff like a tent and an ice chest full of food.

While they sat in the car, Chika rested her head on You's shoulder and smiled. She was really excited to get to spent three days with You. She was imagining all the fun things they could do together like building a fire together, and walking around to explore the place together. It was early in the morning so they had the whole day to explore and the next two days as well.

The car stopped so Chika looked up. They had arrived at a large field. It was a large space with just grass and flowers. In the distance there was a forest with lots of trees surrounding the field. It was perfect! Chika opened the door and hopped out of the car excitedly. She ran over to the car's trunk and opened it so she could start getting things set up. There was a surprise waiting for her when she opened the trunk though. It was Shiitake. Shiitake was curled up and sleeping on top of the ice chest. "Shiitake-chan?! How'd you get in here?" She asked.

Shiitake lifted her head and looked at Chika. Then she got up and got off the ice chest. She got out of the car and sniffed the ground. You got out of the car too and walked over to Chika. "Shima was the last person to put something in the trunk." She said and looked at Shima, who had just walked over and was smiling. "I thought it might be nice for you both to have Shiitake camp with you since she can be your guard dog and protect you both from dangerous wild animals." Shima explained.

Shiitake just laid down again. "I think she's too lazy to be much of a guard dog, but it might be fun to have her camp with us." You said. Chika nodded and looked at Shiitake "Protect us from anything scary, ok, Shiitake?" She asked. Shittake barked, as if agreeing to what she said. Chika looked happy with that response. Then they started taking everything out of the trunk.

They got the tent set up first, then everything else they would need. Soon, it was like they had a little camp site set up. Shima said bye and drove off, leaving the two to camp together with Shiitake. Chika opened the ice chest and noticed that Shima had even snuck a small bag of dog food inside it. Most of the ice chest was full of mikans since Chika had been in charge of packing it. There was a few other kinds of food too.

"Can we walk around and explore a little now?" Chika asked. "Sure! Let's go." You agreed. They picked an area they wanted to explore and walked around. Chika felt You grab her hand, so she intertwined their fingers and started looking around. Shiitake was taking a nap and didn't join them. They found a flower patched with a bunch of orange and blue flowers. "Chika-chan, want to make flower crowns?" You asked and looked at the flowers. "Yeah!" Chika said. She was happy that they found something really fun to do.

They sat down by the flowers and started picking them. "Chika-chan, your picking them off too short. They need enough stem to be able to get tied together." You said. Chika looked at the flowers she picked and put them down. "Oh. I don't actually know how to make flower crowns." She admitted and scratched the back of her head guiltily.

"Thats alright, I'll make the flower crowns then. Just try to pick flowers with longer stems." You said. She was already started to make a blue flower crown for herself. Chika looked at the orange flowers and tried to be extra careful about picking ones with long stems. She had a very focused expression. After a few minutes she had a whole pile of flowers with long stems. "Is this good, You-chan?" She asked.

You giggled nervously "Chika-chan, you picked too many flowers. I only need about half of those." She said. "Oh." Chika said and looked at the flowers, wondering what she should do with the other half. You was wondering that too. She didn't want the flowers to go to waste since Chika had worked so pick all the flowers. "Um... oh! How about we make a flower crown for Shiitake too?" You suggested. Chika's eyes lit up. "Thats a great idea, You-chan!" She agreed.

You put the blue flower crown she had made on her head and got started on making the next two flower crowns. Chika watched You make the flower crowns so she could learn how to do it. You made it look really easy, so she tried trying to flowers together for practice. She copied how she had seen You tie them, but she was having a bit of a hard time with it. You noticed her struggling and showed her how to tie the flowers correctly.

Soon, they both had flower crowns on their heads and You was carefully holding the one for Shiitake. "Let's head back so we can give this to Shiitake." You said. Chika nodded, and they both walked back to the campsite. Shiitake was still fast asleep and there was a squirrel trying to get into the ice chest. It ran off though as soon as they got close. "Shiitake really is too lazy to be a guard dog!" Chika said. You set the flower crown on Shiitake's head. "Squirrels aren't going to hurt us, so maybe Shiitake just wasn't worried about it. I think she'll protect us if she feels she needs to. She did agree to be our guard dog after all." You said.

"I hope you're right." Chika said. Then her stomach accidentally growled. "Let's get something to eat." You said and opened the ice chest so she could pull some food out. Chika helped her. Then they sat down with some disposable plates full of snack food like mikans and crackers. They leaned against each other and looked around the field while eating together. Since the camping trip was off to a great start, Chika couldn't wait to see what else would happen.