Chapter 7

HALOWEEN rolled round  and Thorin and I decided to dress as Milo and Kida mainly because that's who he went as most years.

Knocking on the door I could already hear the burst of colourful laughter behind the  door as dark decorations weaved about their house. The door opened and a skeleton popped out delivering a low dark purple, evil laugh.

Sofia who wore a witch costume over her big belly with a pointy hat popped out from behind and grinned. "Where you scared?"

"Very" I tease with a fake shiver, my hands flailing in the air.

She rolls her eyes and gestures for me to "get in you nobhead." I laugh at her insult and entered the house that had just as much decorations inside as it did outside. Out of the nowhere a Grim reaper costume glided out and groaned. "You shall not pass." I looked back to Sofia and she laughed and led me into the haunted looking room that had a cauldron at the centre of the living space fog clouding the air.  The couch that once sat there was now replaced with weird skeleton rock chairs and the TV had cobwebs and spiders round it. The rug changed from white to black and the lights were dimmed.

"You guys go all out." I said in awe.

"You gotta live a little." Zizi came round dressed as an evil bride from the kitchen door which now had a light creak that followed it and a white net attached. Her voice created navy blue clouds and I immediately remember the referee from the match at the beginning of summer. I then realised I hadn't seen her last week.

She came over to me tall and elegant and handed me her hand. "Nice to meet you again Maple." I smile and take her slender hand and she strutted off. Her navy blue cloud fading with her.

Sofia giggled in coral orange, "Lets move on shall we."

Going into the kitchen I met Chachi and Marcia arranging orange and brown treats in a silver tray. Chachi was dressed as Wednesday from The Addams Family and Mrs Stravos was Morticia.

As I walked in Chachi came to me, hand on her belly and hugged me with a pat on my shoulder. She looked me up and down then placed a hand on my cheek. "Don't you look nice." She then took my hand and guided me to the kitchen Island and placed a palm on it. "Okay so it's all in a sequence" I leaned in paying careful attention realising I was being assigned a task. "It goes Brown, Orange, Black, Yellow, Okay?" With every word she hit the table and I saw YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW pop up along with her burnt orange words.

She tilted her head looking at me expectantly with a calming smile and I nod. 'Wonderful!" She clapped her hands creating cobalt and continued the sequence.

Sofia wrapped her hand round me, her bubbly nature an absolute contrast to her steel competitive look on the court. "Lets get started" she sang and coral simmered through the air.

Mrs Stravos chuckled and looked at me. "Such a pretty costume," her smile was as soft and comforting as her lilac words and I started working.

"Thank you Mrs Stravos" I state  she laughs softly. "Please call me Marcia. And after what I heard last week, you can call me Mom."

A furious blush washed over me and they all laughed. Burnt Orange, Coral and Lilac crackled around us like fireworks.

"We hear laughing!!" Magenta words swam through the crackling and Dorin burst through dressed as Edward Scissor hands, Cairo following close by dressed like a mini Edwards scissor hands. "Laughing! Laughing!" His cute blue words sang around like a stream.

Dorin looked me up and down. "Why do you look so good?" He teasingly accused and I shrugged. "Don't I always look good?" He raises a hand for me to high-five it and red bursts through once I do "Love the confidence" he said before he walked away.