iv. like a puzzle set

Turns out, Yeri really didn't have to worry because the next day, when she walked into the store with Mira in her arms, Jungkook was playing with Poppy next to the bookshelf that contained a collection of classic books.

At the soft chime of the bell, he sprung up and whipped around to look at her with an alarmed expression, as if he was caught doing something illegal. "Good morning," Jungkook greeted before glancing back down at Poppy, who was currently rubbing against his leg and purring.

Ignoring him, Yeri lightly stroked Mira's back as she called out her usual greeting, "Good morning, Ryemi. Is everything good?"

The enthusiastic high school girl nodded and flashed her a thumbs up. "Stellar."

"Perfect," Yeri grinned. "Is Seulgi here, yet?"

Before Yeri could see Ryemi's shake her head, Mira gurgled a string of words that made absolutely no sense. Nonetheless, Yeri smiled and whispered, "Mira, you're going to be meeting your Dad very soon." She only grasped Yeri's nose and giggled.

The truth was that Yeri didn't want to tell Jungkook, yet. She didn't want to go through the hassle of splitting time with Jungkook; mostly because she was selfish and wanted Mira all to herself. However, she had no other choice, and what better time than right now. Coincidentally, Jungkook had come on the day of the week Yeri always bought Mira to work with.

Making her way to the office, she paused when she realized Jungkook wasn't following her. Rolling her eyes, she turned around and through gritted teeth, asked, "Are you going to come or stand there the whole day?"

Jungkook, who had been steadfastly following the whole exchange, perked up and nodded. "I'm coming."

Forcing herself not to be angry for Mira's sake, Yeri went to her office and pushed open the door with her hip. A baby meant learning a bunch of new skills and one of the skills she had mastered was turning a door handle with her body. She didn't wait for Jungkook to arrive as she went to her chair, set down her purse, and firmly positioned Mira on her lap.

The door opened again a second later to reveal Jungkook. Stepping inside the office, he said, "The bookstore still looks amazing."

Of course, he knew about the bookstore. Yeri had spent hours and hours talking about how she wanted to grow Reading Cats (which were all put on hold after she had Mira), in which Jungkook had patiently listened, occasionally giving his tips. (Although, now, she didn't even know if he wanted to listen to her rant.)

Yeri shrugged. "I had help," she briskly said. The "you wouldn't know" was on the tip of her tongue, but she swallowed the petty words. She straightened Mira's pink dress and told her how cute she was. "You are so perfect, Mira."

Jungkook curiously glanced at the baby. "I didn't know you babysat now."

Snorting, Yeri lightly bounced Mira on her lap and raised an eyebrow. "Babysit?" Was this man being fucking serious?

He nodded. "I mean, I knew you liked children, but to actually take care of one while working. It's just new."

Yeri almost sprung across the room to dig her claws into the asshole's dull skull. The only person stopping her was Mira. She couldn't become a wild woman in front of her daughter. But the man was fucking unbelievable. That was all he had to say to his daughter.

"Who's baby is that?"

Shooting him a nasty glare, she said, "Yours."

He lifted an eyebrow. "I don't think I have the capabilities of popping out a baby."

"Jesus," Yeri retorted, "Did two years do something to your common sense? The baby is our's."

Jungkook's whole world seemed to freeze. His chest stopped moving up and down, his hands stopped gesturing in the air, and he stopped blinking. The blood drained out of his face, leaving behind a very pale and unhealthy complexion. The room was so silent that Yeri swore she could hear a feather drop onto the floor. Even Mira was oddly quiet, curiously staring at Jungkook with huge eyes, as if she knew that he was acting very strange.

the best things / jungriOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara