"Stop letting him do that."

War glared at Nick and the cat. The small thing refused to sit in his lap as he drove the car back to Seneca pack and instead made himself comfy with Nick. Who didn't mind the extra companion at all.

He was so comfortable with Nick, Butter even started chewing on his hoodie strings. Which War advised against at least a half a dozen times. He hoped the cat didn't grow up to be bad and do whatever he wanted.

As War kept speeding down the highway, he couldn't help but to keep glancing down at the kitten. It was perfect. Small and cute just like Pomelia. She would be ecstatic...if she ever woke up.

The realization that his mate might not live was unsettling and he flipped on the radio, starting to blast the music that was coming out of it. He could distract himself by letting the music interfere with his thinking.

Not even a few minutes into the song, the music was being shut off. Glancing to Nick he frowned, glaring at the kid. His eyes were wide and he was shaking his head. Did he not like the music. He seemed spooked? As if he saw a ghost or something...

War left it alone. Checking in on Nick every few seconds. He watched as he finally calmed down, focusing his attention on Butter. He suddenly smirked, Pomelia's words ringing in his ears. When he asked why she wanted to name a cat butter her response made sense now.

'Because Butter makes everything better.' Nick no longer seemed as if he was about to sob, but instead was waving his hand frantically in front of the kitten while the thing attempted to catch his hand.

Once War realized not a lot of people were on the road, he started speeding and made it back to Seneca pack in record time.

When they entered the house, War sniffed the air immediately. Everything smelled okay. No blood or anything. The assistant didn't try to kill
Pomelia or something crazy like that.

"Nick keep the cat. I'm going to..."

He trailed off as he heard a scream. It sounded like Pomelia's. War sprinted up the steps, not even bothering all of the stairs. Skipping half of them with his long legs and quick strides.

He slammed the door open, canines elongated and claws out. His eyes immediately went to the bed, looking for his mate.

She was there, a hand over her mouth and fright in her eyes. She was awake...His mate was awake.

"Pomelia!"

He rushed over to her, snarling at Doctor Falcon's assistant as she backed up a bit with her hands up on the air. "She's fine! She's just a little disoriented."

"You're too loud," Pomelia freaked, pushing her hands against his chest as he tried to grab her in a hug. "War please stop. Everything is so loud. I-I can't concentrate!"

He did as she requested, sitting a few inches away from her, watching her closely as she put her hands over her ears and kept breathing in ad out slowly. What was wrong with her?

"Look at me," He said softly, as her eyes widened and she winced again. Her breathing was becoming too choppy, uneven. Why was she freaking out? What was happening?! "You didn't call me," he snapped at the assistant watching as she slowly approached the both of them.

"She just woke up! Pomelia, your hearing and sense of smell are both heightened right?" She was speaking in soft tones, Pomelia's shaking body lessening by the way she was speaking.

She had her wolf?! He watched her closely, her nose wrinkling every few seconds before she inhale deep. "It's okay baby. Just breathe," he told his disoriented mate as she suddenly started to claw at her cast on her arm.