1."Red Thread of Fate"

NINE's P.O.V.

My parents once said that the Gods tied an invisible red thread around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way, however you are the only person who can see your own red thred.

The problem is I don't have that damn thread from the start, I thought my parents are just lying about the red thread but as I heard my friends and classmates talk about their red threads and how excited they are to meet their soulmates.

I start to address my self as the boy who have no soulmate .

Everyday I just sat alone under the tree to read book and sometimes take some random pictures. And if i'm with my friends I just sit with them while listening as they talk about their soulmates, I will admit sometimes I feel jealous about them and everytime they ask me about my red thread and soulmate I just lied to them and pretend I have that string.

Not until I received an Instagram DM from the person I don't know.

💬 " Hey I like your pictures, they are awesome. Keep posting. "

💬 " Uhmm... Thanks, I'm just a photographer wannabe. "

💬 " Your shots seems professional though. "

💬 " Don't need to flatter me. "

💬 " Just saying the truth."

💬 " By the way I'm Chen. 👋😉"

💬 " Thanks again I'm Nine.😊 "

And since that day me and Chen have start talking to each other from day to night.

Although I haven't seen Chen yet or know his or her gender as both of us just post random photography on our Instagram account, I feel like i'm light - hearted to him or her.

" Ai'Nine, are you chatting that Chen friend of yours again ?" My only bestfriend Dome said as he hit my forehead with his palm.

" You don't need to hit me like that you know!" I shout to him while rubbing my forehead .

" Seriously ai'Nai, you need to stop chatting that Chen of yours you haven't even saw his or her face, what if that Chen is a pedophile! "

" Chen is not! I know Chen is not, plus he or she also havent seen a picture of me too. "

"As a best friend, I'm just worried to you Nine. And why both of you don't send each others picture you guys have been chatting for 3 weeks already, don't you find it weird talking to a person who you havent seen even just a picture or did not know its gender. What if that Chen is a girl, she could be your soulmate if she is really a good person. "

" Stop your nonsense we are just friends, and I told you already I don't have that red string thread yarn thing. " I told him as I rolled my eyes.

" Friends? You don't even know each others gender and faces. Ai' Nai! what if that Chen is a guy and a psycho!!"

" The only psycho is you! Why are you here anyway? Don't you have a date with your Girlfriend? "

" We broke up. "

" Huh?! Why? "

" She is the wrong person. "

" What do you mean? "

" My red thread is not connected to her. " Dome said making a fake smile.

" It's sure hard to find that someone who is destined to you, Well cant relate to that. " I said the last words sarcastically.