21

Felix

This was the 7th night, 7th night of nightmares.

2:30am, drenched in sweat, alone in this damned mansion. I feel like I should seek some help with this because it's getting out of hand.

I sat up and breathed, it was the family gathering all over again. Stupid gathering that haunted my life for a long time. I shook my head and checked my phone, just Chan's text messages and emails.

As if someone's willing to give me a message, what a dream.

I got up from bed to shake off, the dream took a toll on me this time. I quickly changed into some comfy clothes for a night out at the ice parlor. It was just a walking distance from the mansion. I kept my hoodie on as I got inside. The owner's kid was up as he was scooping for some workers from a nearby company in the neighborhood.

"Hyung? You up again? This has to be the 5th time seeing you coming here for ice cream." Jonathan chuckled as he set down his ice cream scooper. He was a grown boy, he should be around his senior year in high school by now. "I can't seem to sleep around this hour." I chuckled as I walked over to the counter. "The usual?" He asks as he grabbed a cup from the side.

"Yes please."

The seats were full this time so I told Jonathan that I'm going out to eat. It wasn't much since it was early in the morning, no one would notice me. I sat by the side walk as I ate my ice cream.

"Run if Chan sees you."

"I already know that! You dragged me into this! Chan doesn't like you being out so late, Claire."

I smiled at the memory. The nights that I used to get Claire from their house for ice cream at 2am. She would normally blow my phone up for me to go out. Why is it so sad when I think about it? The memory puts weight on my chest.. is it because we don't do it anymore? Jeongin seemed like he got my advices well.

Maybe he knew Claire better than me..

Since I left her alone for a long time.

I finished off my ice cream and placed the cup at side. I looked at the sky and sighed, the stars were pretty. I felt something rubbing around my ankle, a huge furball. He had brown spots all over his white fur. "What are you doing here fella?" I petted the cat. It grew to like me over a short period of time.

"Sounds like I have friend now." I grinned at the furry animal. The cat sat in between my legs as I continued to caressed him. Having the animal around, it made me calm.

I should get a pet-

My thoughts were interrupted as soon I saw someone 3 meters away crash on the ground with her bike. The cat jumped off the spot as soon I stood up. I rushed to the injured lady and helped her sit up since her body was on the floor.

"Miss—Claire?"

She had minor bruises and cuts on her knees and arms. There was a light abrasion near her old burn. She was wincing as I helped her slowly stand up. Why the hell she is wearing light clothing at night?

"What were you doing? You would have hit your head!" I dusted off her clothes since it was a bit dirty.

"I-I'm alright."

"Claire, this is not alright." I corrected.

She looked so down. I assumed something happened at her place. I heard the front door of the shop opened, "I heard a crash from the front bushes of the shop." Jonathan came out running.