05

Claire

I wanna tape my eyelids.

"I can't do this. I wanna sleep." My mind wanted to close the book and sleep but I need to finish my readings or I'll have eggs on my quizzes tomorrow or later. There was a knock on my door.

"Yeah?" I opened the door to reveal Chan. "I thought you needed some Brain food." He was holding a tray of cookies and a glass of warm milk.

"Very high school-ish." When can I stop being nostalgic about the past? It's getting weird. I opened the door widely for him to enter.

"I knew you would say that." He got inside and placed the tray on my desk. "Readings?" He looked concerned.

"Yeah, don't you have a mixtape to finish?" I sat down on my bed.

"Kinda getting there, thanks to Jisung's unexpected motivation to help me." He sat beside me. He even looked better with his hair in natural color, brownish black. I would expect him to go full on blond anytime soon. I know where he hides his dyeing products. "I was told.. you had a bad morning two days ago?"

"Felix? Yeah he was my bad morning." Jeongin would be the first one to tell him.

"Oh? Felix told me you had a bad morning and he never said he was the cause." Chan murmured. "He's one weird kid."

"He did?" I could not explain what I am feeling right now. "He had the guts to tell you that?"

"Apparently, yeah." Chan's expression seemed puzzled and a bit pissed off. "I can't ignore him. He's a family friend, you know?"

"He's not for me." I crossed my arms. "So you expect me anytime soon he'll pop out in our house just like middle school and act like it's normal?"

"He'll call me if he's coming to the house. I'm sure he has decent manners." Chan did say something reasonable, maybe Felix isn't what I expected to be now. I went back to my desk and had a snack, making my brother smile. "Well, I'm off teacher." He jokes as he left me alone in my room.

-

"Did you do something with your hair?" Jeongin asked, finding the exact difference of my look today.

"Is it because of the ribbon?" I pointed out at the small maroon ribbon. I tied my black hair into a high pony tail."Yeah, what are you? 15?" He proceeded on chuckling.

"I really liked this ribbon. You can't blame me." It was my favorite hair tie because the color it doesn't hurt my eyes. I hate flashy colors like Felix's stupid car. "I've never seen such thing but okay." He never argues with small things.

Jisung came in late since he was staying at our house last night. He practically overslept at Chan's room. Jeongin was a bit alarmed but he knew well Chan wouldn't let Jisung slip away from his sight. "He didn't come in, I promise." I calmed down the passive aggressive male.

"I trust you Claire." He said as he opened the door.

"You're taking this club too? That's cool!" Hyunjin waving at us. Seungmin was also around and Lee Felix. Bummer, does he need to be here? I wanted to run away but why would I? I can ignore him. I can take it. Jisung was also weary of the situation.

"You can sit of in front us. I mean no one took them yet." Hyunjin pointed at the 3 front chairs. "Thanks hyung." Jeongin was quick enough to sit first. Felix just kept quiet while he waited for the class to start. I sat near the aisle with Seungmin behind me.

"Tell me why are two education majors entering a performing arts club?" Hyunjin asks.

"Claire missed her opportunity in the Art Club. She planned in joining here instead. She's a good singer anyway." Jeongin smiled.

"Very funny Jeongin." I missed the application period for the Art Club like what this fox said.

"Your ribbon does look familiar, Claire. Where did you buy it?" Seungmin's question made me tensed up. "I couldn't recall which shop. It's from 8th grade and I'm too old to remember." I answered without a sweat.

"Huh really? It looks new. I thought it was some shop that rented our old bakery space before." Seungmin is one of the richest kids I know. He seemed to be keen with details like Jeongin.

"Is this the final list of the club members?" The senior asks. "Isn't that.."

"Jeon Jungkook." Hyunjin breathed. "He's leading us this year?"

"He's like the same age with your brother but he looks more mature." The blond murmured.

-

"Thanks Jeongin but I have a class today." I waved good bye as I dropped the fox boy at the university pool. "Bummer, I've worked out and you would love to see it." Jeongin was lowkey flexing his "new" body he's been working on.

"Whatever you say Jeongin." I continued on walking towards my last class of the day. The east hallways were open and I could see the dark clouds form on the sky. I got distracted with the clouds that I almost bumped someone. "So close." I whispered. "I'm sorry.."

His cold eyes stared at my soul. I moved away and apologized quickly. "You still have it?" Felix's voice got deeper than before.

"I'm confused of what you mean?" I looked at him.

"Ribbon." His words were reserved. "Oh. I'm amazed you remembered." I shot back. A glimmer of hope were filled in my eyes, he does remember.

"Why are you wearing it?"

"It's mine obviously."

"You should have burned it."

i know its kind of slow but im building it carefully to see where it goes