34

Claire

Our heads collided as we ended up in the library.

So much for warping—I feel so sick. "Nononono wait!" Jeongin rushed to the side to find a pail out of nowhere. I bent and barfed right away. He held my hair while patting my back. "First time?" He chuckled.

"It's not like everyday I meet a Warlock, Innie." I frowned as I wiped off my face. It was night time—well perfect.

"My watch worked just—we were gone for a week?!" Jeongin couldn't believe that his watch just updated on its own. Maybe Jaemin's prison is something. "We should find Chan hyung." He suggested as he looked for our stuff. "They've must've took our things while we were missing." I slowly stood up as I held onto the shelves. My head started to throb like hell, whimsical feeling that I would want to stop before I puke again.

"A gumiho?"

Rays of flashlights hit our faces. They were tall and awfully young. They shared confused expressions before turning back to us. "And.. a seer? or am I wrong?" The blond male spoke as he tried to reach my hand.

"I believe that it's proper not to touch a stranger." Jeongin slapped his hand away as he stood beside me. The blond glared slightly at him and left a soft glance at me. "He's right, Taehyun." The other male with curls agreed and gave him a light smack on the back. "Wait, a gumiho right?" The pink haired guy asked again to clarify something.

"Yes?" Jeongin answers bluntly. "You're also a gumiho too?"

"Yes but I did not expect your squad to have a spirit like you." He chuckled as he put down his flashlight. The other two followed. "I know your faces, tallest set of rookie agents." Jeongin relaxed.

"But we have to take you with us. Orders from our superiors."

——

"Yeonjun hyung why are you soooo late!" A foreigner jumped off the pick up and whined at the pink haired male. "I found the missing people and we're going for a snack." He replied back.

"Who—"

"Just roll with it." Jeongin whispered as he held my arm as we got inside the vehicle.

"Is she your girlfriend?" The blond guy asked once again.

"Jeongin?" I placed my hand on his shoulder. Jeongin glanced at the pink haired male who was outside—Yeonjun. His expression changed as he dropped the biscuit he ate. "Taehyun." He called out which alerted the other people including the person who is in the driver's seat.

The blond one glanced at Yeonjun with wonder. "Soobin!" Yeonjun shriek as he ran towards the front. The blue haired male held down Taehyun in his seat. "Try human." He growled as he send an uppercut to the male.

"Shit." He moaned in pain as he fell behind.

"You're coming with me." Taehyun grabbed my wrist.

"No!" Jeongin pulled his hand away but the blond never stopped pestering him with his claws. His blond hair faded into ash gray, he lost the youthful glow—replacing it with a dull and old expression. His teeth were gold as if it was fake.

It was a horrifying sight, I tried shutting my eyes closed but the sounds won't let me.

"You're a seer? Someone locked your ability.. to see." He mumbled.

"Get out now!" We heard Yeonjun yelling at the left side as he opened the door. Soobin was already outside supported by his two members. Jeongin lifted me as he jumped out of the car.

"No scratches?" He held my face as he checked me. His glowing inhuman eyes showed once again. He sighed and stood up.

"I don't have the time to play with a god." He glared at the middle aged male.

"Come on, I'll take you somewhere safe." The guy with curls helped me stand up and quickly walked where Soobin and another member sat.

"Yeonjun hyung hasn't been transforming for a year, do you think he'll be alright?"

"Hueningkai, I'm sure he'll be ok."

"Beomgyu.." Soobin mumbled which alerted the curly one. "Yeon..jun.. make sure he gets rest after this."

"Roger." Beomgyu nodded before Soobin passed out right away.

"My, my.. fox spirits." The middle aged man who shifted into their member's appearance chuckled.

Jeongin's tails unfolded, the orange and yellow burnt ghostly flames stand out behind him. Yeonjun was vibrant pink to the point it looked futuristic. Unlike Jeongin, Yeonjun's eyes glowed icy blue.

"You can't fight a god." The middle aged man crossed his arms. His arrogance is overwhelming that it was so unreal to feel. "It sucks that we can't do anything." Beomgyu sighed. "This is level 4, we can't fight gods or being higher in nature." Hueningkai replied.

"Level 4?" I asked.

"Level 4 is the highest being in nature—like that geezer, he's a god as what your partner says." Beomgyu replied as he tinkered with a cube.

The 2 began clashing their blades against the god. I watched them break and fall but rises up again to fight. They shouldn't be fighting a man with such overwhelming power.

"I can't believe he took Taehyun and made him a bait for us." Beomgyu sighs and throws the cube away.

The wind blew harshly behind my neck. "Claire, my child."

The voice was a mature woman and she was calling me but I could not see her. "Child, you have lost your sight."

"I'm not blind." I replied back.

"You are."

"What do you want from me?"

Beomgyu looked at me weirdly while Hueningkai was confused.

"I do not want anything. It is your soul begging me to help you."

My soul? As if. I don't even understand what is happening. The eerie sound made me screamed and drop to the ground. It was like some frequency inside my ears that is unbearable.

"You will understand if you will open your eyes."