Chapter Twenty Four: Choices

Start from the beginning

Turning around fast with both hands on my chest, I try to steady my breathing. Shit! I must have been really out of it for this little sound to scare me this much.

"And just where do you think you're coming from by this time?" My husband asks as he walks towards me slowly with clenched fists.

Great! He's pissed and he's out for blood, just what I need right now. Massaging my temple gently with my eyes closed, I say a silent prayer in my heart begging all the forces of the universe to do something about my present predicament because I don't have any strength left in me after crying so much.

"Not now okay? I really can't do this right now please." Anger flashed in his eyes because of what I said and he puffed his chest while saying.

"You have been up and about lately running around with your lovers as if you're not a married woman, and now you have the nerve to decide when I talk in my own home? I won't tolerate this form of disrespect." I gasped in shock while stepping back with both hands covering my mouth. How could he even think of something so preposterous!

"How dare you?" I shouted at him while rapping my already trembling hands around myself; as if that will prevent me from breaking down again. "You speak of this house as if it was already a home when you purchased it. You call it your home as if I haven't been the one nurturing it in every aspect of the way. Look around you!" I exclaimed while waving my hands in every direction and glaring at him heatedly. Does he think glaring will scare me? Two can play that game.

"You call this your home? this is a house! I made it home!" I yelled while pointing at him. From his stunned expression, you can tell he wasn't expecting this kind of reaction from me. Then again; I've never raised my voice at him before. Like never! whatever the reason was, I'd just stay mute and take the fall.

Can you blame me though? I'm not exactly having the best time right now and he's accusing me of such ungodly acts. He has taken things too far this time.

His stunned expression didn't last long before he blinked twice and shakes his head as if he'd just woken up from a bad dream.

He glared at me again before moving his lips, but I didn't hear the words coming out of his mouth because of the banging on my front door. Who could it be at this time of the day?

My husband starts walking towards the door with clenched fists and lips pressed into tin line while glaring at the door. Yup! He's pissed alright. Whoever is at the door should be ready to get it.

The moment Ben opens the door I caught a glimpse of someone poking a head full of messy blonde hair into my home while scanning their surroundings as if they're looking for someone. The moment their eyes landed on me, they quickly pushed through the door not minding who was in front of them, and runs to me while saying.

"What's happening Rainbow? I heard you yelling." They pulled me closer and starts checking for injuries? Hunter? What's he doing here? He heard me yelling? Huh! I must've gone all out then.

I was about to ask him what he was doing here when Ben suddenly started clapping slowly while laughing menacingly before saying. "Wow! Would you look at that? Your knight in shining armor has come to rescue you Rainbow." Son of a nutcracker say what now? Knight in shining armor? Who even says that anymore?

I was about explaining who the "knight in shining armor" is to my husband when the said knight beat me to it. "The name's Hunter Riggs, and she wouldn't need rescuing if you hadn't turned her into your punching bag. Tell me something...does it make you feel more of a man when you hit her? Because if it does; then I'm sorry to break it to you dude. I'm never gonna let you hit her again." Hunter says with a taunting smirk.

I didn't see it, but I knew my husband had punched him when I heard the painful crack that signifies that a broken nose is involved considering it has happened to me many times.

I rushed to Hunter while holding his face with both of my hands, I told him to keep his head up to prevent further bleeding as I get him some paper towels to clean the blood.

I handed the paper towels I'd retrieved from the kitchen to Hunter and he uses them to clean his nose while I looked at my husband wondering what on earth had possessed him to punch someone he'd literally just met for speaking the truth.

Ben doesn't look shaken by what just happened one bit as he calmly uses his shirt to wipe the blood off his hand. Shit! I'm gonna have a hard time getting the bloodstains off the shirt.

Hunter groans in pain as he tends to his bleeding nose before saying. "Great! More blood on your hands eh?

My husband glares at him before looking at me with raised brows as if he's waiting for me to explain what Hunter meant.

After I'd finished opening and closing my mouth like a fish without saying anything; I gazed at Hunter while begging him with my eyes not to provoke my husband more than he already has. But I knew he wouldn't stop even if it kills him.

Hunter chuckles loudly before saying. "Why don't you go ahead and beat it out of her as you did to your kids, huh?" I froze on the spot with wide eyes while looking at Hunter, thinking I must have heard him wrong. He didn't just say what I think he said right?

As Ben yells"Who the hell is he? And what the fuck is he talking about?" while pointing at Hunter, I'm starting to think he actually said it out loud.

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘
Author's Note
Hello, my lovelies!!!
It's been a while since I updated a new chapter and I'm really sorry about that. I've been very busy with other stuff, so I haven't been writing as much as I used to, and I missed writing so much! But it can't be helped because I'm working on so much at the moment. Anyways, thank y'all all for reading and voting.

Don't forget to vote and comment🙏