Chapter three ... How long? (Announcements)

Announcement!!!

Hello everybody!!!

Forgive me for this is new chapter but I've got a few things to say before we continue.

This story was supposed to be written in Rainbow's POV only but after two chapters i feel it will be more interesting if i add another person's POV like her husband's for instance.

I mean...won't it be so cool to hear his own views on everything we've read so far? Yeah...so i thought about it and surprise!!!

Here is Ben's POV.

Yes, Ben is Rainbow's husband's name.
His name is Benjamin but will be known as Ben just as Rainbow's will be Bow from time to time.

So yeah, enjoy!!!

Ben's POV.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock!

sighs

Few more minutes before this meeting ends and i will be back in my office pretending i have loads of paper work to do so that my colleagues will finish for the day and go home to their loved ones.

I will stay back like always then go home very late when she has gone to bed. Speaking of her.

I remember how lost she looked this morning.

So empty.

So broken, just an empty shell of her former self and its all because of me.

If there's one thing I've figured; is that people are capable of doing horrible and unimaginable things to those they claimed to love.

My father did it to my mother and I'm doing it to my wife

My wife!

scoffs

Only if she still sees me as her husband.

I mean, i won't blame her if she doesn't, how could i?

Of all people in the world that could bring her worst fears to life

'Abandonment.'

I knew what her fear was and i used it against her, first her parents and now me? I made vows to her and i broke every single one of them.

How long?

How long was she going to endure the abuse?

How long before she snaps?

How long was i ready to continue this insanity?

These are questions i ask myself every time i go home and see her crying or had cried herself to sleep.

How long was i going to keep pretending i don't see or notice how she holds her breath any time she's in the same space or room as me, or how the very thoughts of me causes her to hyperventilate.

"Ben

Ben

Ben!

Benji!!!"

Shit!

Jolting me out of my thinking coma is my idiot best friend and Co-founder of my law firm;

'Williams&Smiths'

None other than Aaron Smith himself.

Asshole!

He knows how much i loath that nickname, yet he says it just to irk me. Snapping his fingers in a motion that indicate he's fucking pissed! I braced myself for a long ass scolding as he said.

"What the hell man? I've been trying to get your attention for like... ever!"

"Oh, sorry dude...where were we?" I asked and he laughed before yelling to my face.

"Meeting ended like five minutes ago! What the fuck man?" Not waiting for answers of any kind he continued.

"Are you okay man? You look a bit pale, is everything good at home? Is Rainbow doing okay?" You see, that's the thing with Aaron, only him can do a three sixty from an angry demon to a mama bear in seconds.

He always assumes something is wrong any time i space out, which he is right for; most of the times.

But i wouldn't tell him that...never!

"Um...yeah, yeah!" I said a little bit louder trying to convince him i added nervously.

"Just thinking of how much paper work i still have left before going home you know?" Please let him buy it.

Gazing at me warily he replied. "That kind of spacing out didn't look like 'I'm worried about too much paper work' kind of look dude, but... if you say you're okay then fine. Promise you will talk to me if things get took herd okay?'' I nodded in agreement and he smiled.

''Oh, I'm handling the case of the guy with a dead pregnant girlfriend...see you tomorrow amigo, give Rainbow kisses for me" And just like that; he's out of the door and i sighed in relief.

Of course i made sure he handles those kind of cases and not myself.

After all we're only the best of the bests. The woman's autopsy report showed traces of physical abuse; i couldn't defend a man like that. The thing about this case is...i think he's guilty.

So he wants only the best lawyers to defend him so he wouldn't go to jail.

Unfortunately for him the girl's parents are very determined to put their daughter's killer behind bars and this got me thinking.

Was i able to abuse Rainbow for this long because she has no one to fight for her financially?

I'm honestly no better than this man, I've been abusing my wife for over three years now and i already know i would never forgive myself for putting her through hell, talk more of killing her or our unborn child.

I don't know what i will do if my actions cost my child's life.

Sighs

Back to work i guess?

Another day is about to end and Rainbow thinks I'm still spending my evenings in the arms of different ladies.

No doubt i used to do that, a lot actually but it got boring pretty fast after the first year and the beatings too stopped after that particular encounter that almost ended her life..

I shudder to think what would have happened if she hadn't gotten the help she needed that day fast enough, I'm a horrible person.

I still remember the first time i brought another woman into our home, how could i forget?

It was the very first time i raised my hand on her. It was the day i broke not one but two vows i made to her.

It was the day everything changed.

---------+++----------
Author's Note...
There you have it guys!
This is the longest chapter so far.
I'm so excited about the outcome. Once i started writing i just couldn't stop. thank you so much for reading my story, please tell your friends about it and don't forget to vote, comment and follow 🙈😘😘