I slowed down the fanning as Osomatsu reached up to his face with his right hand, rubbing his eyelids before covering his mouth haphazardly as he gave a wide yawn. He opened his eyes and looked up at me, staying silent for a moment before raising his hand to my head.

"I scared you...didn't I," His apologetic tone matched the concern in his partially opened eyes, the smirk that always seemed to stay on his lips no matter what was going on.

"Yeah...you did..." I couldn't help but smile at his expression, finding myself leaning into his hand on my cheek before pulling away suddenly.

Not now...I can't do this to him now...!

"I must've passed out again," He groaned as he sat up, removing his hand from my cheek and rubbing the back of his head with it, "No sleep for several days in a row will do that to you..."

"Days? You haven't been sleeping for days?" I couldn't keep the shock from my voice.

"Haven't really had the chance to. I've been too busy lately."

"Is it...because of what you are?"

Osomatsu seemed to pause for a split-second before standing up fully, adjusting his clothing and turning towards me with an outstretched hand.

"Those of the Heavenly ranks don't require sleep or nourishment, as those are earthly desires..." He drifted off, my mind filling in the blank. Osomatsu, Todomatsu, and Choromatsu still needed rest, just like any other human.

"Why...? Why would you go days without sleep if you need it, Osomatsu?" I took his hand and he pulled me up from the floor, moving to close the office door. As our hands separated, I no longer felt that intense presence behind me.

Osomatsu didn't answer me, his shoulders moving as if he quietly sighed.

"Os--"

"Because of you."

I stilled as his words settled in my ears, watching as he sat down heavily in his office chair. I couldn't be the reason for him driving himself into exhaustion...

"How?"

Osomatsu looked up at me from underneath his fringe, a small smile on his face.

"You've seen so much, and you still have questions..." He leaned back a little in the chair, "I don't want you to know everything, (y/n). The consequences of my choices are my burden alone, and the same goes for my brothers."

"No," I took a step forward, "I can't accept that answer. You say that you've lost days of sleep because of me, and now you won't tell me why? Am I someone that requires some sort of special attention without my knowledge?"

"(Y/n), you're not going to win against me on this," He folded his hands together, leaning forward on the desk as he pressed them to his lips, "Please...don't press any further."

"Did you become Satan because of me?" I couldn't hold back a partial cry, my throat tightening as the thought dug itself deeper into my head that I was the reason for his brothers' suffering...the reason for them turning into demons.

Osomatsu's eyes widened a little before looking off towards the bookcases spread against the wall opposite of his desk, as if looking for answers in their old, worn spines. His stern demeanor faded by the moment, leaving behind a man who was mentally and physically exhausted, his hands dropping from his face as he turned back towards me.

"Yes," The dark hues hardened as they held my shocked gaze, "I had made the deal after I exhausted all of my other options. I had joined the church for my own reasons, but my main driving force was to get you out of that man's grip.