Soup and Coke Situation

Start from the beginning

    "You're home." I gulped.

    "Yes." I answered unsure of the current situation.

    "Good, go take a seat at the table I placed everything except the sauce." I nodded without questioning him. I ran upstairs and threw my school bag on the floor. I slowly descended the stairs and took a seat at the table. The shiny glass plates and cutlery were perfectly placed. A large juicy steak was planted on the plate with vegetables on the side. Did he poison this? I brought my face closer to the dish and sniffed it. Smells okay to me.

    He walked in and I sat back up. He took a seat on the chair facing me and put down the the sauce. He started slicing his steak into small pieces and taking large bites. In between a mouth full, he spoke.

    "Why aren't you eating?" I now realized that I was staring at him the entire time. My hand clasped the knife and fork and sliced a piece. I prayed to god that this wasn't poisoned or anything and ate it. I held back the moan that almost escaped my lips, his cooking was incredible. I haven't eaten a proper meal in ages. With the stress and lack of time, I didn't find a moment to cook a meal.

    "So anything new?" he started the conversation. I just shook my head.

    "Do you like it?" he asked. A foreign emotion overtook his forest green eyes.

    "Yeah, it's good." I answered simply, avoiding any eye contact.

    "It's been a while since I cooked," he continued on.

    "Yeah, last time you did was before she left." I muttered nonchalantly. The words left my mouth accidentally. Why did she cross my mind? His cooking. The image of us as a family eating at the dinner table and playing cards afterwards clouded my mind.

    He clenched his jaw and dropped his knife on the glass plate which made a loud sound erupt. He looked me dead in the eye. His orbs no longer held that foreign emotion from earlier, they were brimming with hatred and disgust.

    "What did you just say?" he asked in a deadly tone. I tightened my grip on the fork and looked up at him.

    "I didn't mean it." I mumbled incoherently.

    "THEN WHY DID YOU FUCKING SAY IT?" he shouted and I flinched at his tone of voice. I had no clue on what I had to say.

    "I-I did-" I stuttered but didn't get to continue when he threw his glass on the floor. I watched it shatter into millions of pieces similar to how my heart did when she abandoned me.

    "WHY DID YOU MENTION HER, HUH?" he started throwing every dish on the table and I fell from my seat and crawled to the back of the wall. He aimed a glass at the wall and all the shattered pieces fell on me. A glass went inside my cheek and I winced in pain.

    "YOU'RE CLEANING ALL OF THIS, YOU HEAR ME?" he stormed out of the house and a loud bang was heard. I carefully tried pulling the tiny piece of glass out of my flesh. Red droplets coated my hands and I sighed.

    It was ridiculous and pathetic of me to hope he was going to be sincere and nice. But hope is a dirty four letter word. I hoped for my mom to come back, but did she? No, and it's been seven years and I lost hope. I hoped for him to become a better person, but did he? No, he becomes worse as the days pass. I hoped for a good life? But did I get one? No.

    I washed my face and gently dabbed the specific area with water by a piece of cloth. I ran to the bathroom and rummaged for bandages. I searched every cabinet but I was left disappointed. I then found a tiny band aid, it'll have to do.

    It was four thirty but I didn't care, I wasn't staying any longer. I snatched my belongings from the bed and exited the house. I deciding on waling to the near by park. That specific park held many memories, of us as a family; before the pain, abuse, sadness, depressing environment, before it all.

    I sat on the green grass and pulled out my books. The sun was shining brightly, the birds chirped and it created a beautiful rhythm. I took a deep breath and began.

    When the clock hit five thirty, I arose from the green scenery and took the bus. Once arriving , I dashed through the mass of people and changed in the restroom. I slowly peeled the band-aid but the scar was clearly fresh. Pulling my hair into a pony tail, I exited and ran to the kitchen. Anna grinned at my presence but then frowned when she noticed the scar.

    "Hey, what happened?" she asked, worry lacing her voice. I was taken back by her tone of voice, but didn't make it obvious that I was.

    "Fell down on my way to school and a stick went in."I easily lied.

    "Oh, are you okay?" she gazed at my cut, examining it.

    "Yeah, I'm fine." I forced a smile on my face to make it sound convincing.

    "Are you sure?" she asked unsure.

     "Yeah." I assured her and she nodded.

    "Okay then. I'm so glad you're here, Bart has been annoying the crap out of me." she started complaining more and more and I just stood there listening, not knowing who Bart was.

    "So, anything new in your life?" she muttered boredly once she finished her complaining and whining session.

    "Other than having the whole female population in my school hate me, not much." I shrugged.

    "Oh god, what did you?"

    "I may or may have not accidentally spilled soup on this guy whom everyone worships, so he called me a bitch, twice might I add. I got pissed so I just spilled coke on him. Purposely."I muttered casually.

    "Oh. My. God." she began laughing. I chuckled at the memory.

    "I know right? That was my reaction after I did it but no regrets, The asshole deserves it." I said proudly. Everyone appeared utterly startled by his existence so it felt great sticking up for myself.

    "Call him 'The Asshole' because I decided to give him that wonderful name." I added.

    "Yes ma'am." she saluted. We discussed that topic for a little bit more.

    "Tell me everything in specific detail after work, let's get back." she exclaimed. I nodded and strolled over to my first table. An hour passed, and I felt someone nudge me on the hip with their elbow. I turned to my left and Anna pointed at the entrance.

    "That's her son," she mouthed. I turned around and dropped the forks in my hand. I looked at him with dilated eyes. That was not happening.

    "Fuck no." Ryder cannot be the son.

• • • • • • •

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for taking so long to update, please forgive me. I've been busy with school and personal issues. But I hope you enjoy this chapter, even though it's shitty.

Oh and guys who should play Ryder and Adrianna, any suggestions? And to just clear some things, Ryder is not played by Robert Pattinson because I didn't pick anyone to play the role and some assumed from the cover. But he could....

And excuse me for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Until next time,

Danah