Knight of Converse - Chapter thirteen

Start from the beginning

My hand trembled on the wheel. “Nothing to say? Mm.” I bit my lip as my blood began to boil with anger. Nothing to say?! Nothing to say, huh?! The sound of my sarcasm poured out of my mouth like vomit.

“Nothing.”

“Yeah?” I paused. “Okay.”

I tapped my finger impatiently against the wheel as I drove, accelerating with excessive speed. Nothing to say, huh? I don’t know, I passed out from somehow forcing my spirit into another freaking world and you have nothing to say? I’ll give you nothing to bloody say!

I sped up, chanting insults under my breath. He began to fidget in his seat, gripping the dashboard with wide eyes.  “Soleils…” He began to panic.

“Hmm?” I said sweetly, shifting the gear as I sped down the street.

He gulped. “Slow down,”

“What was that?”

“Slow down!”

“Sorry what?”

“Soleils slow this car down!” He yelled at me, blue eyes frantic like a frightened dear caught in the headlights.

I immediately slowed down as we reached the school, and parked into an empty space near the front entrance. I turned the engine off. “Oh. So you do have something to say then?”

His head snapped in my direction to throw me the most bone chilling glare I had ever seen. I wasn’t fazed, though. I leisurely leaned my head back against the rest and motioned for him to speak.

“You are an incorrigible brat.” He spat.

“Oh, I assure you it takes one to know one!”

“What is it with you, eh? Must I speak just for your own self-satisfaction? Why can you not leave me be! The Gods damn it!” He swore, and punched the dashboard in front of him.

“Don’t you dare!” I hissed. “Don’t you dare take your anger out on me, or this car!”

His blue eyes blazed, and his nostrils flared with indignation and fury. “I told you I have nothing to say to you at present!” His voice climbed, getting louder and louder.

“Don’t lie to me!” I shouted. “There’s tonnes to say.”

“I will no further discuss this.”

“Don’t treat me like I’m one of your subjects! You don’t get to order me around or chose what to do around here!” I snapped off my seatbelt to roughly angle my body towards him as I shouted.

“Can a man not even be silent when he wishes?! I will not discuss this with you! You’re weakened enough as it is!”

Oh no,” I hissed at him and pointed at his chest. “Do not treat me like I’m some kind of goddamned damsel in distress! That’s the last thing you need to do. I’m your fucking salvation, Duran Pendragon!”

He leaned closer towards my face as he shouted at me. “What do you want me to say?! That I am pleased? That I am not angered, that I am not frustrated because there is no a thing that I can do? That I am proud of how useless I am?!”

“Spare me the pity party!”

What do you want!” He screamed at me. Our noses were inches away from touching. I started into his wild darkened eyes, and saw the fear that was buried deep inside of him. I saw his pain, his anger and his sadness. We were both breathing heavily as if we’d just run a marathon. His cheeks were slightly flushed with his anger, no doubt mine were too. The silence between us was heavy after his resounding shout.