The Answer Is Inside You.

He couldn't leave without getting the answer that he sought. As the clock tick away, cascading down the hours the myraid array of papers now stained and crumpled were displayed like a jigsaw puzzle on the dirty stone floor. He stared in dismay at the words written over and over 'the answer is inside you.'

How could this be when nothing he comprehends gave rationality to these words? He gripped his hair in frustration the strands wet with perspiration as the turmoil of being locked in this room one more day overwhelmed him.

He knelt on the ground again and started to rearrange the papers that mocked and teased his inability to garner what the displayed words meant. The words blurred as his tired eyes filled with tears of despair. Still, it reads 'the answer is inside you.'

With a sweep of his hands, he sent the papers flying and scattering in a mess around him.

HE HAD TO GET OUT!

He had no idea how long he was here but he knew it was long enough to have him smelling stale and rancid with unwashed skin and clothes with an underlined foul scent of decay.

What was the world outside like now? he found himself wondering as he pulled himself off the floor and staggered to the door that faced a grey slob wall.

"LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!" He screamed but his now malnourished body quickly waned its strength so he crumbled to the floor a broken, crying mess.

As the clock continue to tick down another day he stared at one of the papers by his fingers, he reached out and took it up but crumpled it between grimy fingers and a calloused palm as the pain escalated through his side and rendered him imprisoned by its brutal grip.

He clenched his teeth as he waited for the pain to subside it barely did, so he lifted his once-white shirt and saw that a slash now very much infected marred his lower abdomen.

Another shocking revelation as he was not aware of this incision until now. He tried touching it but the inflamed flesh erupted in more pain. Timidly he ran his finger over it and winced but he discovered that it was crudely stitched.

Fear and dread assailed him again and like a wild beast, he headed for the papers, and as he read the words he knew all too well 'the answer is inside you' the cruel realization hit him.

He knelt crippled by it for a minute until he slowly lay down on the dirty floor and scattered papers. He now had the answer.

Slowly with unblinking eyes that spilled tears that burnt his now shallow cheekbones, he pulled up his shirt, and fingers that trembled reached for the cut on his lower abdomen. His screams rang loud and tortured as he ripped the stitches from the inflamed flesh.

"Mother fucker!" he wailed as he pushed his fingers inside the cut pushing, pushing into his flesh as he probed for the answer inside him.

His body buckled but he pushed further, he felt nothing alien, he continued until he was wrist deep, further, further. His finger latched onto something and he gripped it and tore it from his body.

He passed out not knowing that for the past six months he has been doing the same things on clockwork and would be doing it many, many, many more years to come because this was his role to play in the place called Hades.

He was in Hell.

It has restarted.

He could never leave without getting the answer he sought. As the clock tick away cascading down the hours, the myraid array of papers now stained and crumpled was displayed like a jigsaw puzzle on the dirty stone floor. He stared in dismay as he looked at the words written over and over 'the answer is inside you'.

How could this be when nothing he comprehends gave rationality to these words? He gripped his hair in frustration the strands wet with perspiration as the turmoil of being locked in this room one more day gripped him. He knelt on the ground again and started to rearrange the myraid display of the words they blurred as his eyes filled with tears of despair. Still, it reads 'the answers in inside of you' .....

How close he is to the answer, yet he would NEVER find it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to vote and comment👍
Thank you birdeyze~♡