three)𝓢𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻

Life sure as hell knows how to throw curves my way. Shit of all the things to happen now it had to be that am expecting...am going to have a baby...not just any baby but the baby of a slasher.

The changes were getting obvious. After all, it was something coming not going, so sooner and no longer later I would be popping an overgrown watermelon in my middle region.

Jeezaz freaking Christ! I could handle being a child's mother but could Vincent be a father? To be honest Vincent wasn't your typical run-of-the-mill guy. Life with him was no picket fences with rose bushes in the garden and rhododendron shrubs lining the driveway.

A man with his twisted childhood, broken family, and all the psychological bullshit that life could throw at you was a crisis in a blessing.

However I could not hide this any longer, the only reason I had kept this secret so far was because Vincent was home less than he was away (doing what others would squeal upon) for hours on end.

Vincent was a murderer. He made his first kill at the age of seven by using his stepfather's razor to slash his throat as he sat in his usual drunken afternoon stupor in front of his mother's tv. He had killed his mother too when she came home from turning tricks at the Night Shade Strip Club.

A mother protected her child not leave him to the mercy of a drunken asshole. Lorna never protected him all she wanted was to be a whore.

I however would protect this little angel with every fiber of my being. Just like when after being locked up for 12 years at a mental Institution Vincent had escaped and I had found him dehydrated and so duped up on medication he was near dead I had protected and loved him with all my being. I did not care who he was or what he was.

I just wish he was here more often so that I didn't have to face the awful morning sicknesses and the need to sleep all the time by myself. I had to experience it all on my own.

The sigh that gushed from my lips filled the quiet room and echoed off the wooden walls like a shout.

"I can't do this," I said aloud and pace the bare floor by the bed then stared down at the dead blonde slumped against the corner wall haphazardly.

I had killed her early this morning when I was so anxious and uncertain I had to find something to calm me and get me focused, I hate worrying. This big secret I was keeping from Vincent was fueling my need to hurt someone, to regain my control and this stupid hiker was the outcome.

"I can't keep the truth from him anymore," I said kneeling to push some blood-matted strands of hair from her now unrecognizable face. "He has to know, me being so worked up can't be healthy," I said matter of factly.

I heard a cold yet calm voice so familiar it sent shivers down my spine said from behind me.

"What can't you hide?"

I stood slowly to find myself face to face with the very man that occupied my every thought.

His tall, muscular, rugged frame towered over me and I swallowed visibly as I look into his child-like eyes, and my heart beat with a force I was scared it would pump out my chest.

If I was unsure of him speaking his eyes spoke the question and I was not going to deny him the answer. It was now not later. There was no going around it not that I wanted to. Fate had finally played her hand by sending Vincent home this very minute.

I sat on the bed my feet hitting the blonde as I did so. Would I be her soon if he thought I betrayed him? Love for Vincent was nothing but betrayal and hurt. I clasp my hands in my lap so tight they appeared bloodless. I kicked the blonde idly as I steady my nerves.

I did not look at him but at his dusty scoffed boots as I spoke what I felt was my demise.

"Vincent," I said in a whisper because my throat felt tight and devoided of air. "I am pregnant and I want our baby."

My head snapped up in shock as I heard what I thought at first was my mind playing tricks. Vincent was actually laughing! And his laugh had me laughing out of shock as well as fear.

Vincent rarely laughs!

"It sure took you long enough to tell me."

"You knew?!" I gasped still laughing in shock as I was not the hysterical type.

"I spend my life watching people it's my job to know every detail so that in the end I don't fail."

These words have a meaning that only I knew all too well.

He moved from where he stood and went to the scared and well-used chest of drawers, he open the middle drawer to rummage underneath its contents and pulled out a cloth soiled by the blood that now had a bronze color in appearance I paid no attention to it as he handed it to me.

I unfolded it and saw the gift. It was a beautiful pearl necklace and I giggled with delight as I turned and pull my hair up out of the way so that he could fasten it about my slender neck.

He turned me around to admire it as he said, "My gift to you for the gift you're going to give me soon."

His hand came to rest upon my slightly rounded stomach. I flung myself into his arms finally knowing true happiness in our unobtrusive world. When he pulled away from me sometime later I questioned him not wanting to lose his embrace.

"I have to get rid of the blonde," he told me indicating the silent figure.

I took his strong thick fingers in my hand and led him to the bed.

"She can wait."

And wait she did as I made love to the man that mattered so much to me. The man that was my child's father and the love of my life. I forgot about the blonde as he entered me taking me to the depths of pleasure with strokes so tender tears filled my eyes.

That night on the news as we lay spent and lazy in the aftermath of our love Mishka Arken was reported as a missing hiker on the evening news, one of many to be exact.

***********************************

All is well that ends well...final short story 'Slasher Love'....was thinking about making it ongoing but I am gonna close it right here with a K.I.S.S....keep it short and sweet😁
Man love can blossom anywhere and uses its sweet aroma to stifle the stench of brokeness, hurt, neglect and abuse. 😍😙
Love heals and replenishes even the most twisted among us.🖤
How great it is that Vincent with the love of a woman and child could heal and offer love inspite of all his suffering .💑
Love slashes away the pain and opens up the way to redemption💞

I am so looking forward to what you think of my stories...did my characters allow you to feel and partake in the life scenarios I created for them?
If so vote🌟comment⌨
With hearfelt appreciation for your time, lots of love💞
birdeyze😍❤