Fifty seven

When the group of three arrived at the station, everyone was overjoyed. As soon as Mintae saw nanny Doo min, he hurried over to her and hugged her tightly.

"Oh my boy! I'm so happy you are safe!" She whispered tears flowing down her eyes. She looked extremely relieved.

"How about Jungkook? Is he okay?" Doo min asked.

"He's at the hospital with his brother" Jimin answered.

At that moment, Mintae spotted his grandparents and hugged them also. Yoongi and Hoseok also came around and embraced him tightly.

"Glad to see you're back buddy! I hope you weren't hurt!" Yoongi mentioned.

"Not really!" Mintae answered with a huge smile on his face.

Suddenly, the station went completely silent as Detective Chan and his men entered with Kim Cha ha. She stopped and glared furiously at everyone before her eyes settled on Mintae and softened a little.

"You are something else kid!" She muttered.

Everyone was at a loss for words watching as a smile curved on Cha ha's pale lips.

"Taehyung, if there is something you have that is of value, it's that kid" She muttered and nodded her head.

"He was really brave! Really brave I've never seen a kid like him" She said again in a low voice and started rambling incoherently before she was taken away along with her other arrested henchmen.

Everyone turned to look at Mintae each with their own thoughts in their heads. Detective Chan approached them. He stopped to look at Mintae with an impressive smile.

"Young man, you did really good. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have gotten her. Apart from being your relative, Mrs Chan is a very dangerous woman. It's good that she will finally be put behind bars"

Mintae's eyes saddened. "It would have been better if she repented"

Jimin stared at the boy silently. This must have been a traumatic experience for him. He knelt down to him.

"You are right but at least, she did one good thing. Didn't she?"

Mintae nodded in agreement and finally smiled. After thanking Detective Chan, they all dispersed.

When they arrived at the mansion, Mintae immediately ran up to his room leaving Taehyung and Jimin to talk.

"So... what's going to happen now?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung didn't answer. At that moment, he was deep in thought. Jimin stared at him for a long while until he spoke.

"I'll stick around till the court hearing at least"

Jimin sighed. "Yeah... there's that" He said remembering the one thing that brought them together in the first place. Taehyung reached for his hand and grabbed it.

"Mintae is yours. He has always been yours"

"He is yours too Tae...."

But Taehyung continued. "I was selfish and mean when we met again after ten years. I did a lot of things that I cannot truly atone for. Abandoning you...ridiculing you, bringing trouble upon you...."

Jimin took a deep breath trying to reassure him. "It's not your fault"

"It is Jiminah! It's my fault. You have no idea how scared i was when I saw Cha ha point that gun at Mintae. We almost lost him. If anything happened to him, I would never have forgiven myself!"

Jimin knew it was his anxiety talking so he sat him down to talk some sense into him hoping it would sink in.

"Enough Tae.... what happened was in the past. I was Jessica then but I'm Park Jimin now and the me of today doesn't want you blaming yourself. No one is perfect. We both made mistakes when it came to each other but now, we have another chance to make things better"