16. Lunch with him

Start from the beginning

"Excuse Me.." I said to get their attention.

"Yes ma'am how may I help you?" The blonde one asked me.

"Can you tell me, Siddharth Kapoor's cabin is in which floor?" I asked.

"Do you have an appointment with him, ma'am?" She asked me with her plastered smile.

Why do I need an appointment to meet my own husband. Well it's not her fault. No one knows me in his office. This is my first time visit here. She is just doing her job.

"No.. but..I am.."

"Sorry ma'am without appointment you can't meet him." She said while cutting me off.

"But...He knows me. You can call him." I said try to insist her.

"Sorry ma'am we are not allow to call him." She said with same plastered smile.

Now how will I go to Siddharth? His staff is really good in their work and they can't let me meet him without appointment. Now I have to take appointment to meet my own husband.

Ma'am will you Please move aside others are waiting." I looked behind me and she is right two man are standing behind me waiting for their turn.

I moved aside to let them come forward.

I think I have to ruin my surprise and should call him.

I dialed his number and phone is keep ringing but he didn't pick up. I tried again but no response.

Should I tell her that I am his wife. But what if Siddharth doesn't like it.

"My name is Preeti Kapoor. He knows me very well. You can call his secretary, Emily. She also knows me." I suggested her when the men left. May be it can help her.

"Okey..one minute. Let me call her." She took the led line phone and press four key number on it.

I looked at her when she is talking to the person on the line fro other side.

"Okey..okey.." she is talking to the person while nodding her head and then she hanged up.

"Sorry ma'am...An important meeting is going on and she is with Mr. Kapoor in the meeting room. I don't know how long it will go so till then you have to wait for at the end of the meeting or you should come another day with appointment later to meet Mr. Kapoor." She said apologetically.

"No..it's fine. I can wait." I gave her a small sad smile and walked sadly to the sitting area which is few steps away from the reception area.

I cooked Siddharth's favorite food with all my heart and wanted to have lunch with him. My mood fell because my surprise is ruined.

I sighed and sit on the white couch and put the lunch box on table. There is a magazine was placed on the glass table. My lips curled into a smile when I saw Siddharth's picture on magazine's cover. It's look like some business magazine. I pick it from the table to take a closer look of his picture.

He was wearing a dark blue business suit, hair gelled up, white crisp shirt and to kill anyone with his handsome look. The confidence in his eyes shows that he is an alpha male and owns the world.

I opened it and started reading the article about him.

*****

I sighed heavily and put back the magazine on table.

It's been two hours I am sitting here waiting for the receptionist to call me and tell me that now I can meet my husband. Food which I made for Siddharth lovingly is cold now.

I leaned back on the couch, put my right elbow on armrest, rest my chin on my knuckles and looked around to adore interior of the lobby of the building. Every corner of its is screaming riches.