XI

The two males were hunched, just tufts of dark hair muttering fervently over haphazardly scattered papers and maps. Yoongi clicked his tongue. "Got anything?" He rumbled, running a light finger over Hoseok's knuckles in a rare public display of affection.

Jeongguk looked up swiftly, his dark eyes accentuated by growing purple ringlets. He shook his head, sadness eking into his gaze. "Hobi-hyung's informant never showed up, which means he's either dead or captured. There's no whisper on the streets of a kidnapped kid either. Trail's gone dry."

Taehyung looked up, his interest piqued, just as Yoongi laid a hand on Jeongguk's shoulder. "We'll find him, Guk."

"And if there's no Kai left to find!" Taehyung flinched at the same time Jeongguk stood, his chair clattering loudly to the floor. His face was twisted, stoic mask crumbling, showcasing the raw worry prominent in every flourish of his features.

The ravenette looked caught for a moment as he took a shaky breath, his eyes wide and scared. Then, like a curtain falling, he pursed his lips, face blank once more. Jeongguk crossed to the front door and threw it open with more force than necessary.

"You going out?" Jin called, non-plussed. The younger was simply handling his problems in a very Jeongguk-like fashion.

"Got a job." Jeongguk grunted as the door slammed shut behind him. If his voice was rougher and more cracked than usual, no one said anything.

In the silence that followed, Hoseok glanced over, meeting Taehyung's slightly confused gaze. "Junseo called it in." The black-haired man started, continuing to glimpse over the multitude of papers. "Some new gang on the upper east side ransacked one of Na's warehouses. Presumably, he wants Jeongguk to find their leader."

Taehyung furrowed his brow, perplexed at the concept of Jeongguk aiding a gang in direct conflict with Bangtan. It didn't sit well with him.

The soon-to-be blue-haired male was broken out of his reverie by Yoongi's bright chuff of laughter. "Guk's probably only doing it because he figured it's fair. Considering we'll be returning the favor soon."

Taehyung felt goosebumps rise along the surface of his skin, watching the grin Hoseok and Yoongi exchanged. For the first time, he realized that perhaps Hoseok was capable of snapping off fingers-the dangerous tilt to his suddenly eery smile was enough. Still, a thought nagged at him.

"I don't understand." Taehyung said, voice hesitant. "How do you all trust Jeongguk?"

Every eye in the room swiveled to face Taehyung, all with varying degrees of incredulity. The male shrunk in his seat, regretting asking the question.

"Sorry." He mumbled quietly, stubbornly avoiding direct eye contact. "It's just-he runs around doing bounty jobs for whoever is willing to pay and on top of that, he's apart of a different gang, one that's directly connected to my father. I just don't understand how you all can trust him so easily."

It was quiet for a long moment, Taehyung fiddling with his hands nervously, afraid he'd ruined everything, and that the men would be angry with him.

Finally, Jin spoke, a fond smile dancing across his lips.

"Jeonggukie may do jobs all over the city but his loyalty lies here, with us. And he's proven that time and time again. We're his family. And there isn't an inch of me that wouldn't trust him with my life."

________________________________________________________________________________

[AN]

Yayyyy! The chapter is finally done! Woo hoo! Ugh, guys I'm so sorry for the long delay, I went through quite a slump and then had some family issues that really soiled my mental health. But! I'm feeling much better and have a schedule written out for all my works and I feel good. :)

Lemme know what you thought about this chapter in the comments! We've got a sorta-kinda cryptic Jin at the end and a whole half of the chapter is just pure Vmon doing whatever the heck they were doing haha.

Also yes-I'm bringing back blue-haired Taehyung because I'm whipped.

Also, THANK YOU for over 5k reads! Your support truly means the world to me and I could never thank you enough. <3<3<3

Please remember you are loved. You are enough just the way you are and you do not need to change for anybody. The only thing that matters is your own happiness, and if someone else cannot see how amazing you are, then they are probably not worth it.

Until the next update!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Until the next update!

I purple you!

- Megan<3