Namjoon grinned. "I hear Jeongguk has been training you well." The elder said conversationally, blatantly ignoring Taehyung's question. The brunette nodded slowly, the blue bow fluttering neatly into his lap.

"I wasn't as hopeless as he originally thought I would be." Taehyung said, a chuckle coloring his words. "He said yesterday my defense was admirable. My offense isn't perfect but he said it was good enough-"

Taehyung trailed off, fingers pausing as he scrunched his nose. "Well, technically he said it was enough for me to survive the first week. But I think he's just bitter because I floored his ass sparring."

Namjoon laughed brightly, familiar twin dimples gracing his cheeks. "Ah, yes. Jimin wouldn't stop talking about that yesterday. Apparently, it's not the first time you've given our Jeonggukie a run for his money."

The brunette blushed, looking away, flustered. "Does Jimin tell you everything? I swear, the first time I wasn't aiming for his nose!" Taehyung cried, ending with a huff and pout.

"Not everything." Namjoon drew, eyes alight with amusement. "Mostly just Jeongguk blackmail. But he did mention a little tidbit about your older brother teaching you how to fight."

Taehyung ducked his head, unsure by Namjoon's tone how the elder felt about said relayed information. "Dad made sure all his kids could fight but Tae-woo thought I need the extra practice." He mumbled, continuing to unwrap the package when the silence just barely crossed the border into awkwardness.

"Well, it got me thinking." Namjoon mused. "My understanding is that there are no visual records of your family, all for protection of course." The blond said slowly, as if choosing his words carefully.

Taehyung nodded as Namjoon continued. "It occurred to me, that even though it's highly unlikely, I don't want to take any chances of someone recognizing you."

The wrapping paper fell away and Taehyung gaped at the box's occupant. When he glanced, wide eyed up at Namjoon, the glint was back in his gaze.

"You're kidding!" The brunette said incredulously.

Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head. "Nope." He said, popping the 'p' as he reached over the desk to pluck the small bottle of hair dye out of the box, turning the vial between two fingers.

The liquid through the clear bottle shone a brilliant blue.

"Blue is eccentric, don't you think? Where you're going, you'll stick out like a sore thumb with anything short of unusual."

~・✧・~

"Where you're going, you'll stick out with anything short of unusual" Taehyung mocked, a flutter of curses following as he leant back in his chair, allowing Jin to rake his fingers through his damp locks.

"Are you done?" The eldest asked, exasperation mingling with the humor in his voice. "You've been muttering obscenities for the last 20 minutes. Namjoon isn't even here. He can't hear you."

"Minor details." Taehyung shot back, a pout growing on his lips.

Jin laughed, fiddling with a straggly strand of wet hair. "Alright, tough guy" He teased, rewarded by a snort from Yoongi.

The white-haired male moseyed into the kitchen, only offering one bored glance to Taehyung's reclined figure, head resting in the sink while Jin stood over him, the bottle of hair dye discarded nearby. Instead, Yoongi crossed the room, grunting as he took a seat at the table next to Hoseok and Jeongguk.