lvii. peace in the chaos

En başından başla

"Vera..." Aragorn starts slowly as he attempts to articulate words, "do you think it is wise to inform someone else of what has happened this night? I am not suggesting that you tell everyone you know but a selected few would be able to help you. We will not judge you, Vera, for you are our friend and we have faced greater foes, together and as one. We will always stand by your side as a friend and as a loyal Queen and ally. I have no right in telling you who to inform...but perhaps you should tell Legolas; he has every right in knowing." 

Vera does not falter from her position as she contemplates her words and chooses her options carefully. If she were to tell her closest friends of her darkest secret, then the burdens weighed on her shoulder would not be as heavy and she could have a chance to breathe again, much like now. However, she feared the factors of being scorned and judged for her actions, especially from her brother. Thinking about the decision carefully, Vera picks her options; Vera is entirely sure that she would have to tell Legolas as keeping secrets from him would be the last thing she would want to do. Additionally, Legolas would never judge her based on her mistakes and her temperamental actions for he had a knowing heart that connected with hers. She just isn't ready to tell him now. 

So, she was left with a few number of people. However, as she thinks more about it, Vera finally came to a decision. "Very well, then. I-I suppose I can tell someone...if not for me, then for them. I sh-shall inform Corin tomorrow morning...but right now, I just need to rest," Vera quietly tells Aragorn, letting a timid request out as she connects eyes with him shakily. He nods understandingly, peering over the facts in his mind and finding him a suitable candidate for Vera's darkest secret; he was kind, caring, and always put his Queen first. Vera was his friend and Corin was not going to let something like this stop him from caring for her, as he had always done since they were children. They have a deep bond. Vera eyes his pointed look. "I will tell Legolas when I am ready, as well. I believe he does deserve to know but...I suppose I do not know how to exactly tell him."

Aragorn cracks a smile, rubbing her shoulder soothingly in response to her statement. "You will find a way. Legolas is your closest friend, even before your courtship, and now that you both are exploring a new adventure of your life, you will find a new passion. You have nothing to fear...Legolas absolutely adores you...perhaps, a lot more than you both think. Now, I will inform Corin of what has happened while you take the time to rest...you need not to burden yourself more than you already have," Aragorn tells her softly. He stands from his position, planting a chaste kiss on her forehead before moving towards the wooden doorway. With one, fleeting look of farewell, Aragorn opens the door to continue his task but stops as Vera holds a hand up timidly.

"A-Aragorn," she quietly calls, her voice nervous and anxious as she looks down her robe, "d-do you not ha-hate me?"

Aragorn smiles comfortingly. "I could never hate my best friend, nor can I ever think lowly of her."

The smell of numerous fragrances waft through Vera's nostrils and gives her a pleasing sense of relaxation as her body automatically releases its tensions with the touch of the clear water. She had, after much thought, ended up taking a bath to clear herself of the bloodstains on her hands and skin, and to relieve herself of the tenacious burdens weighed down on her chest. She also takes full advantage of her solitary as she closes her eyes, leans her head back on the wooden tub peacefully, and lets herself feel. Like a sink that was overflowing with water, her thoughts and her emotions rush through her body unhesitatingly, washing over every inch of her body and letting her grasp the entire predicament for a moment. Though it was intimidating and astounding, Vera did not find herself overwhelmed by the waves flowing through her mind and heart, and accepts it entirely.