Chapter 9: Ice and Lightning

Caitlin Snow finds herself smiling as she exits the bathroom, sliding down into the bed beside the Scarlet Speedster, snuggling up against him and leaning her head on his shoulder. How could she not smile when she was around him? Barry strokes her hair softly, pressing a kiss onto her temple as Caitlin closed her eyes and basked in the comfort and simplicity of their life right now. Her hair has gone back to being frizzy, having dried up after the shower. She feels tired, and wants to fall asleep against him. Barry spreads his covers over themselves, tugging her in carefully. It feels warm and safe like a cocoon, his body a steady source of warmth.

She finds herself enfolded in his arms, his breath gentle and warm against her neck, his heartbeat steady in sync with hers. She smiles as she draws lazy circles across his chest with her finger, until he whispers something in the comfortable silence that makes her perk up with confusion. "Make a pie."

"What?" Caitlin questions, raising her head to look up at him, and she sees a soft smile across his face.

"That night we went to that Karaoke Bar and you got drunk, you asked what can't I do right after we sang together. I cannot make a pie like you can to save my life."

"I can't believe you remember that!" Caitlin laughed, a blush making it's way on her cheeks as she recalls that night. "But thank you for the compliment, I take pride in my baking exploits Mister Allen." He arched an eyebrow in return, making her giggle and break her semi-serious voice. After a few moments of laughing she leaned in a pressed a tender kiss against Barry's lips. He brought his hand up, gently brushing the nape of her neck as they shared yet another breathtaking moment, one they would never forget

Caitlin pulled back after a few moments and smiled at him, they didn't have many small moments just between themselves but the ones they did have, she would always cherish. She snuggled up to the speedster once again, resting her head on his chest and reveling in the comfort of it all. "I love you Caitlin Snow." He whispers and she sinks into a dreamless slumber at the comfort of his words.

...

Caitlin awoke the next morning to the smell of bacon wafting throughout the apartment. She rubbed her eyes free of their blurriness and stood up, heading to the kitchen. She walked up behind Barry, snaking her arms around his waist and holding him tightly as he cracks an egg. "Good morning beautiful." He whispers and she blushes madly, no matter how many times he might compliment her or say he loves her, the feeling never changes. It always gives her that feelings that a whole zoo is rampaging in her stomach.

"Good morning handsome." She replies, stealing a peice of bacon from the plate and munching on it, silently laughing as Barry shakes his head. She detaches from him and heads into the bathroom.

Ten minutes pass and Barry furrows his eyebrows in confusion as he watches an omelette very slowly sizzle in a pan, realizing that he's in flashtime, only he didn't activate it. He turns off the stove and walks through the apartment warily, not wanting this to be another villainous speedster lurking in the shadows waiting to attack.

He turns into the hallway, looking down to the bathroom where the door is slightly ajar and moving very slowly. He continues forward until he is face to face with the obstacle. He pushes it open eyes widening as he sees Caitlin is in flashtime as well, but he didn't bring her in so how is she moving freely?

He moves over to her, only to see streaks of lightning run across her figure and across her eyes. He helps her off the ground, hugging her tightly. Caitlin jumps as flashtime comes to a halt and the toothbrush she dropped finally hits the ground in real time. "Barry what's going on?" She questioned, raising her hands as an icy mist began emitting from them, bringing the temperature of the room way down. "What is happening to me?"