Chapter 4: Midnight

Screams echo in the large ballroom as the masked men entered the area, waving their guns around. One of the security guards rushing in pays for his heroism with a nice gunshot to his torso. The hostages sit in a circle in the center of the ballroom floor, a bomb and power dampening device sitting in the middle of their circle.

"Hello people of Central City. How are you all doing? I love what you've done tonight. Bringing so many people here. And some of you might live to tell your grandchildren of the night that you met Roman Sionis!" Sionis puts a hand over his heart and smiles underneath his mask. "And now, Central City has made me their number one most wanted criminal. I'm truly touched."

Cries and whimpers follow as Sionis' men patrol the party. In a flash the armed men are tied up outside the party and the hostages are free. Roman raises his hand and lets a round of bullets whip into the air, eliciting screams from the partygoers.

The Flash stops in front of Black Mask, the man in a suit making a clicking sound with his tongue. "Finally! What took you so long? I thought I was going to grow older waiting for you. I mean, these are supposed to be the golden years, but it isn't so golden when you're number one speedster is a no-show."

Veering left and veering right gives Barry a good view of the room. Then, he sets his eyes on Sionis.

"Come at me, then. I'm ready for you. Right here, were not getting any younger, Barry." Barry freezes as the words leave Roman's mouth. He feels a sudden pulse through the marble floor, and he feels the electricity in his body fade away as it dampens his powers. "I had that handy little thing installed before the party. Oh yeah, I should warn you of this little thing."

Sionis pulls open his vest to reveal a black box. He straps it to his chest. "You see if my heart rate or blood pressure elevates, by a certain Scarlet Speedster grabbing me, then boom goes the ballroom! Because, I planted a bomb on the dance floor and up in the chandelier."

"You're bluffing." Sionis just smiles and Barry moves over to where the hostages used to be and gives a good overview of the two devices.

He sees more armed men grow closer, forming a circle around him. He grows nervous, but two streams of ice suddenly hit some of the men and Barry's attention heads to the direction of the blasts. The rest if then scatter like cockroaches as Frost casually walkes over to Barry. "Meta dampener?" Barry nods, pointing to the floor.

Frost takes a knee, placing a hand on the floor and letting the Ice completely form over the weapons, letting the freezing temperatures seep into the bomb and meta-dampener on the floor. Barry feels the electricity flow through body once again, a new wave of energy echoing across his veins. "Thanks, now we need to take care if the one up there."

Barry quickly moves Frost out of the way when he sees a group of icicles heading straight for them. He turns his head, watching as Leonard Snart cackles with sinister delight. "Hey Barry, big day isnt it?" He forms an ice axe in onehand, swinging it towards the heroes. Frost counters with an icicle, the two weapons shattering onto the floor upon impact.

"Snart?" Barry says questioningly. "What the hell are you doing here, you're supposed to be dead."

"I bet you'd like that Flash, but I'm going to kill you first." He says circling Barry and Frost, a smirk on his face. "I will make sure you stay awake long enough to feel every single cut against your skin, your death will be excruciating."

Lightning fills Barry's eyes as Snart forms an ice mace in his hand, swinging the weapon back and forth as the two heroes surround him. Frost moves in first, prompting Snart to block her hit and thus opens himself up for Barry to strike.

The scarlet speedster delivers a slew of punches in quick succession before he dodges the tip on a swinging icicle. "Listen to me Snart, I dont know why you're doing this, but this isnt you! You're a good guy." As soon as he finishes his sentence, Barry receives an icy fist to the face, blood begins dripping from his nose. Then, smart delivers a heasbutt to Frost, knocking her to the ground. As Barry looks over he sees Snart harshly kick Frost in the ribs as he walks over to talk him.