Chapter FortyTwo

Kamya

I sat at the table staring at the food that was given to me. I jumped up hearing my dad deep voice as he walked in.

"You not hungry?" He asked as I shook my head.

"You need to eat, I don't want you to die yet" He smirked blowing smoke in my face.

I sat in the chair quietly watching him walk around the table. As he walk pass me he grabs my hair aggressively making me wince.

"Eat or imma stuff you in a box" He said sternly.

I sighed grabbing the fork then placed the cold chicken in my mouth. "It's good isn't it" He laughed.

I couldn't chew like I wanted since my jaw was swollen from him punching me this morning. "Let's have a talk" He sat across from me.

"How's life been treating you, you know before all of this happened" He asked. "Actually my life been great but you came in a fucked around and messed it up" I said.

"Aw that's too bad" He pouted. "If it wasn't for your mother you wouldn't be in this position" He said.

"She basically selling your ass to me" He laughed.

I wiped the tears that ran down my face, this is so messed up that she would do something like that.

"Don't cry your mama wasn't shit from the jump, she would probably sell you and your sister for a million dollars if she could" He said.

"Why didn't you just get her instead of me I have nothing to do with this" I said.

"Your mother been hiding from me for years, I would actually be in your life if she didn't divorce me over something stupid"

"Why did y'all get a divorce" I ask lowly. "You" He pointed to me.

"Why me?"

"She didn't want any kids, shid she didn't even want Brooklyn but once you came around she gave up and blamed me for it. So she took everything from me leaving me with nothing"

"I know she been abusing you when you were little because of me"

"Your mom was very much of a alcoholic" He said as I nodded. "I knew that" I told him.

"I would have took Brooklyn but I put her through of enough taking dean away from her" He said.

"You killed Dean" I said as he nodded. "Why would you do that to her" I asked.

"I'm just getting my revenge from what your mother did to me" He laughed. "Karma is going to hit you hard" I told him.

"Karma is my middle name" He got up.

"You need help" I mumbled. "Don't we all need help" He winked.

"You better hope I don't send any of my men to kill your friend" He said walking off.

"Kamya wake up" I heard as cold water was being poured on my face. Whoever it was covered my mouth keeping me quiet.

"It's me, Destiny" She said as my eyes widen.

"Get off of me" I whispered yelled removing her hand. "I know you don't like me but I'm going to help you get out of here" She said.

"I don't trust you" I said.

"I understand that an I wanna apologize for what I did but this is not the time, and your probably wondering why I'm here" She spoke lowly as I nodded.