Chapter 8

Me and Raphael take Simons body to the institute. We breach the perimeter then hear a beeping. Then the shadowhunters come out looking ready to kill us.

"Don't move." Jace says.

"Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up." Alec demands.

They see that It's us and lower their weapons.

"Were you guys really going to kill us?" I ask.

"Not kill, just wound." Alec says.

"Oh big difference." I say.

"Oh, my God, Simon!" Clary exclaims.

"People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter." Jace states.

"I'll go. I'll tell them we didn't find anything. Nobody will come down here." Alec says then leaves.

"I might be a vampire... but I was raised a good Catholic." Raphael says.

"And I've grown attached to you guys." I say.

"The Vampires breached the Accords. Killing Simon is grounds for war." Izzy says.

"The Vampires were not behind this. Just Camille. She attacked Simon on her own. I tried to stop her, but I was too late." I say.

"And how do we know you're telling the truth?" Jace asks.

"I didn't want to rat out my sister, but she's taken it too far this time." I say.

"Oh this is the first time she's done something like this." Clary says.

"Look we could have gotten rid of him, but instead we brought him here. We don't want trouble with the Shadowhunters." He says.

"Smart decision." Izzy says.

"I warned the mundane to stay away... but Camille gave him a taste of her own blood, and like an addict... he came back wanting more." Raphael says.

"The only reason Simon ever tasted Camille's blood is because of you! You kidnapped him! You drug him to the Hotel DuMort. You... You delivered him to Camille!" She yells at us.

"I never meant for this to happen." He says.

"Simon. Simon, please come back, please!" Clary begs while sobbing.

"There is a way." Raphael suggests.

" "A way" what?" Jace asks.

"A way to bring Simon back." I say.

"You can do that? How? How?" Clary asks filled with hope.

"He's a fledgling. It's a state of transition. Your friend can be resurrected." Raphael says.

"No." Jace says.

"Clary, no." Izzy says.

"So I could have Simon back? Alive and breathing?" She asks.

"That's just it. He won't return alive or breathing. He'll be a vampire." Izzy says.

"And not the sexed up, romantic kind. The ugly, bloodsucking, coffin-dwelling kind." Jace says.

"That's offensive." He says.

"Really?" Jace asks.

"Coffin implies wooden box. We have caskets now. They're made of 14-karat gold." He replies./

"And I'm pretty sexed up and romantic." I say.

"My bad." Jace says sarcastically.

"It's almost sunrise. Simon must be turned into a vampire tonight or staked through the heart." Raphael says.