Chapter Twelve

Adrien was forced to sit near the front of the show so he had to leave them a bit too soon then he'd like.Right before the show began he heard a few coughs and turned. Danny, Jake, and Rose all smiled at him.

"Oh wow, didn't think there'd be another teens up front. Guess it pays to have certain advantages."

They rearranged themselves quickly and Adrien was between his friends sitting up front. His father didn't comment and neither did Nathalie. He payed a bit of attention to the show before he gave that up. It wasn't anything he hasn't already seen or knew. Some of the outfits he'd pay a bit attention too, only because some of them were truly deserving of the spotlight. Jake sat next to Adrien and Danny to his right.

"Dude, some of these outfits defy straight up reason.There's no way those colors work together."

Rose shook her head at her boyfriend and leaned onto him.

"Leave the fashion for people who have more than one outfit they wear day to day."

Jake pouted at her but she smiled even more at it. Rose then turned her attention to Adrien.

"Hey, is this any different to any fashion shows in France?"

Adrien shook his head smiling sadly at them. He mockingly stared at them in sorrow.

"I'm afraid that it's the same, boring and dull everywhere every-time."

They all dissolved into giggles and quickly quieted down once they caught eye of their guardians looking at them pointedly. After a few laughs Jake got to work.

"So France Huh, you said that you had people who dealt with the weird freak like yesterday. Ladybug and Cat noir right?"
"Chat noir, and yes, they are superheroes. They come out only to stop any akuma attacks and try to defeat hakwmoth. He's a really bad villains who is the cause for al the akumas. I'm really worried because if he's here then what's going to happen to Paris? He has a accomplice recently, Mayura, ladybug warned a lot of us against her."

Danny frowned at all of the troubles plaguing Paris. Maybe if he had the time he could take the trip there to help out for the day. Sounds like the two heroes have a lot to deal with. Danny noticed Jake was really focused on Adrien. He had a slight feeling that Jake had some hidden goal when he talked to Adrien about the heroes. Even rose piped up with a few questions. They all learned that the attacks or rise of superheroes was recent and so were the akumas. Adrien also explained that they all had different abilities and he explained the main four. The two villains and heroes. Adrien also mentioned how there had been sightings of more than the two regular héroes. How his childhood friend was one but she could no longer be since she revealed her identity to all of Paris.

"You seem to know a lot about all of this."

Adrien flushed and looked away sheepishly. Danny was having a hard time trying to understand it. So was Jake, but Adrien quickly explained.

"I, I will admit I may be a..quite a big fan? Of ladybug especially. My good friend Alya is actually a bigger one she records and reports a lot of the akuma attacks and made an entire blog."

He explained how Alya had the goal to unmask ladybug and reveal the heroine's identity to show the whole world the true hero beneath.

"I don't think Alya understands the danger of having a revealed identity. I think she calmed down and I think she gave up on the identity thing for now. I don't think she's finished but maybe ladybug said something to her."

Jake nodded processing all his words. He then smirked and nudged Adrien a bit.

"So you're a fanboy? Let me guess, you have a shrine to her?"

Adrien sputtered and shook his head furiously. Rose patted Jakes arm to get him form leering too much at Adrien.

"Leave him alone, it's a celebrity crush, a superhero one at that."

They chuckled quietly to themselves but then Jake slide his eyes to Adrien again.

"What about chat noir? He's also a main hero right? Righthand partner to Ladybug?"

Adrien was a great actor, so much so that Jake barely noticed the slight tension he had. Danny didn't notice it, but he sensed something a bit off once Adrien spoke. He couldn't tell what but it was something in his voice or words.

"Right, well, the ladyblog does cover all the battles so Chat noir is in them a lot. I don't know much about him, hes a good hero. Always has ladybugs back and helps defeat the akumas."

Rose piped up with her own question leading the heat off of Jake. Danny noticed that whenever Adrien got even a slight off feeling about Jake, Rose was there to distract. Her question logical and not too pressing either.

"What were his abilities again? I'm still reeling over ladybugs. A magical clean up crew that also heals stuff? It's pretty amazing."

Adrien eased a bit not thinking much.

"His is called cataclysm, it is I believe a very destructive power that forms into his hand. Whatever he touches with that hand will be destroyed and fall apart. It's only one use, like ladybug, so he has-probably has to be careful when to use it."

All three noticed the slip up, none of them commented on it. Jake gave one more question on the subject.

"So this guy has the power to destroy anything with one touch? That's a lot of power to have. The guy must be really loyal to ladybug then."

Adrien paused at that and stared at Jake.

"Don't misunderstand, Chat noir is very loyal to ladybug. But he is just as loyal to all of Paris. He fights to protect its people as much as ladybug. I assume, he does make sure a lot of people are out of the way and safe."

Jake notes how passionate Adrien got at that point and slowly calmed down at the end. As if he wasn't supposed to be so passionate about Chat noir. Danny noticed Jake's calculated gaze and mentally frowned. He didn't trust Jake, he was hiding somethings why else would he ask so much about the black cat hero. Danny was shocked he got all this information on the guy as well. The dragon from yesterday had explained he was going to get all the info from someone. He's going to be in for a surprise when Danny spills all his info. At that line of thought Danny blinked. He may be a c student, but he could tell there was something inhuman about Jake. He thought it was just the guy but looking at him Danny had a slight feeling he heard his voice before.

It was slightly different, but, it sounded similar enough. Danny was confused, he didn't see any charm or necklace that could help Jake be human at the moment. For now Danny kept a close eye on Jake. The fashion show ended without much disturbance. Whether that was a good thing or not was debated in all the fours mind. They went their separate ways but Danny caught up to Adrien.

"Wait, uh, I think we're staying at the same hotel. If you have the time we can hangout together."

Before Adrien could say anything Nathalie blocked him off.

"I'm sorry, but Monsieur Agreste made is clear that Adrien was to not waste time while he is here."