Chapter 10 - Another one bites the Dust

Start from the beginning

The code of conduct at U.A requires that students do not use their quirks to initiate any activity that engages them or persuades those around them into bringing self-harm, harm to others, spreading hate, violence or any other actions which may harm the reputation of the school. Students are encouraged to use their quirks in any way which helps the positive reinforcement of society as an example of the 'PLUS ULTRA' motto that this school stands for. When in the face of any form of danger, it is the responsibility of the class representatives to notify an authoritative figure of U.A to ensure the safety of minors. Failure to do so will require the students to undertake any punishment the respective homeroom teachers may see fit."

Aizawa finished, turning his head from the sheet back at the class, the latter remained silent. "Questions?" He peered at the class. Iida did not raise his hand, this time Yaoyorozu did. "Yes?"

"Under these circumstances, I take sole responsibility for the actions of class 1-A. Please excuse Iida from the punishment." Iida's eyes widened and his hand immediately shot up. "Iida?"

"My ignorance cannot be excused. I will ensure that I pay attention to the class' whereabouts in future," he argued. "I should have informed him." Momo continued. Iida fell silent. No one else spoke. "I believe the incident on Sunday does call for punishment but does not entirely break these rules. I believe the student's actions accounted for the positive reinforcement of society and an authoritative figure was contacted when the situation allowed. However, all students involved in that incident on Sunday have breached these rules. So that's three days of laundry work for the entire school."

"Three days!" The rest of us sighed. "Alright, the teachers have also revised the training schedule on account of the recent events." Aizawa carried on. "We've revised the classes so that the focus of these training courses is to develop holistic qualities of being a hero. Your first task begins today in groups of five and six." He sketched the names in katakana on the whiteboard, 'Team 3: Hagakure, Tokoyami, Bakugo, Izuku and Rylie'. My face fell and he answered my question before I could ask, "These are final." He closed the marker and placed it on the desk.

Under the hot sunny sky glaring down on the large stretches of muddy grounds, Aizawa went over the large quantum of rules of basketball with the exception that we can use our quirks. He tasked me to brief my team about the rules of the game. By experience, I knew how tough that would be.

"I don't take orders from a weakling!" Fucker. "Well, the last time I checked I was a captain and I won!" The brief turned into a public slanging match. "I work best alone." Bakugo shunned. "Fine, you're benched!" I barked. "No one made you boss." He cooed menacingly. Our foreheads clashed sounding the start of a bad thunderstorm.

"Let's work together" Izuku flapped his hands about to no avail. "Shut up Deku!" The irritant raspy voice of the blond fuelled my anger. Hagakure and Tokoyami became the wiser as they silently watched. At this point discussing any plan would be a time-saver. "Guys, I have a plan. Let's stick to four versus five." I gathered the others around. Tokoyami and Izuku exchanged glances. Bakugo seemed to have made up his mind, he snatched the ball from the invisible girl's grip and practised some hoops while we talked.

The plan so far seemed great, but only in my head. "Uh,  the only problem is that Shoji has keen senses. He is the only one who can tell where am I." I heard Hagakure. "Since he can extend his arms, he can steal the ball without really being near," Tokoyami added and I nodded. I took pride in that fact that others picked up basketball vocabulary from me. "I am fast. I can steal the ball back from them." Midoriya suggested, his irises dilated with confidence. "Hm, sounds good." I agreed, piecing each one in my head as a first-person game character to the start of a strategic multiplayer game.