Chapter 10 - Another one bites the Dust

Art Credit: #2017 Poster Calendar on fymyheroacademia.tumblr.com

We attended the last two sessions of the class and spent the rest of the day with Recovery Girl. I went to bed earlier that night so I was fresh the next day. I reached twenty minutes before homeroom and I was probably yet the last to enter.

"Midoriya, what were you thinking?" Iida robotically waved his arms about driving the former against the wall. "What do you expect, we talked it out?" Sero ruffled his hair in frustration. "Come on, there's no point arguing with him." Tokoyami tugged at Midoriya's sleeve, pulling him away. "Using your quirks outside class is against the rules!" Iida barked at the two, "As a class rep, I can't allow this!"

"Guys, maybe Iida is right-kero." Asui tapped a finger against her lower lip, crossing her slender legs. "The League did not harm any civilians even when they had a chance. I think it might have been a trap. If we had just called the police, so many of us might have not gotten hurt."

"And what if they did? What if they tried to harm innocent people? Did you want to wait to find out?" Kaminari raised his palm to the window. At the heat of the moment, Aoyama slid open the classroom door, "Bonjour everyone!" he greeted. "Do you know where I had been yesterday?" He flicked his fringe, realizing that everyone was paying him some attention. "Well do you and you?" He skipped to each one in the class. Jiro sighed, "Nobody cares Aoyama. Maybe some other time?" She ignored him. "He was with me actually, fought three baddies." her eyes widened when she heard me. "Agreed." Todoroki nodded. Jiro's jaw dropped to the floor.

Everybody else turned to the argumentative frenzy. "Asui that's not true. We did what heroes could do best." Ojiro argued. "Iida," Momo rose, "as a vice representative, I take full responsibility of their actions." All of us fell silent. "I encouraged them. For that, I am truly sorry." Iida's stern expression was now mixed with slight confusion. "You know what," Midoriya turned over his shoulder and shot daggers at Iida, "if I hadn't used my powers, Shigaraki was going to attack Rylie." There was a moment of silence when the two of them had a standoff. "And Dabi too." Shoji added. "It's true." It was something I resented for a while now. "Wait- All of you agreed to use your quirks against the League?" Iida groaned, clawing his short locks. "Do you even realize what they could have done to you?" He brought down his palms in front of him.

"We stand for each other, that's what we do." Mina slapped a palm on Ojiro's desk, making Iida flinch a bit. "Nothing else could have been done." Mineta fidgeted his thumbs, agreeing silently. "That's what heroes do." Todoroki added. "Mina," Kirishima rested a fist on his chest, "that was so manly of you."

"Shut up fuck face!" Bakugo spat on the red head's face. "The hell?" That was uncalled for. "Fuck off weakling!" I was not. "Watch it, buddy." I rose my voice. "Oh no," Kirishima put an apologetic face for Bakugo, "he's just jealous because he missed the action." The hot-headed blond scoffed when the redhead finished. "As a class representative, I have failed. Now moving on, I will make sure it doesn't happen again." Iida adjusted his square rimmed glasses on his nose. The male with the power to manipulate insects waved multiple hand gestures to calm him. "Not now, Koda." Iida shoved him aside and took his seat.

The door slid open a second time and Aizawa walked in. The class dispersed to their seats. The attendance went smoothly as though he ignored the argument earlier. "I have an announcement to make regarding the recent events involving the League of Villains " Aizawa began. Iida's hand shot up. "Questions for later." Aizawa reprimanded him nonchalantly. "The staff has decided that under no circumstances is a student allowed to exit the school premises without a formal written permission of an authoritative figure working at U.A. This written permission is to be submitted to me by hand twenty-four hours prior to your leave. In case of emergency leave, this permission is to be taken solely from me. A written notice for an emergency leave can be taken anytime lesser than twenty-four hours prior to your leave. If for any reason a student is not able to request written permission from the authority, the responsibility lies with the respective class representatives to help them.