Chapter 9 - Enemy's Resolve

(Art Credit: By H0lyhandgrenade, Sold by H0ly's Art Corner on STORENVY)

"Tomura Shigaraki."

Izuku replied firmly. The guy had brought several of his punks along with him, all sharing the same ominous demeanour about them. The shopping centre regulars felt an uneasiness stirring among the large group that suddenly gathered, backing away into the safety of the stores.

"It's so convenient to find low life heroes hanging about in one place." He pulled his hood from his head, revealing his wrinkled face and baggy eyes. My heart leapt into my throat.

"Leave, or this won't be good for you." Mina barked, her hands dripping with acid. The whole crew was prepared for a battle. Yaoyorozu pulled out a sword from her cleavage and covered her body in armour, Mineta plucked a few Mogi between his fingers, Izuku was covered in lightning streaks, Jiro extended her palm at the enemy with an earlobe cord twitching to her side, Sato ate a pastry from my bag, Ojiro's tail was hanging low, Ochaco extended her palms and Asui knelt on her fours.

The pale-faced man laughed holding a hand to his belly, "You think I didn't come prepared?" I was shaking in my boots when I saw seven large monsters treading behind him. "Nomu!" Kirishima clenched his teeth. The monsters had dumbfounded faces, slouching forward and two pairs of googly yellow eyes trying to focus down at us from each half of their exposed brains.

Shoji clasped my mouth with his hand when a gasp escaped my lips. "Oh, I see we have a new member today." He tilted his head through the crowd. His small red irises sent a shiver down my spine. "She's not your problem." Izuku jumped up and launched a kick at the man's face, immediately to be blocked by a Nomu's wrists. "Rylie, it isn't safe here. We need to go." A small voice from the end of Shoji's wing pod appeared near me. I nodded to it and noticed Shoji leaning down, waiting for me to climb his back. I tugged my bags and lowered the floating equipment as he enclosed me in a bulb of his fleshy arms.

I watched ahead through the peephole he left for me as his feet padded across the road into the silent night. A thickish haze soon enveloped our vision, leaving not an inch in sight. "Well, well can't let you run." A silhouette holding two blue flames at the end of each palm walked into vision. "That's Dabi. Stay hidden." A mouth pod instructed. The male's eyelids were covered in burnt skin of the same kind that covered his lower jaw and the entire length of his arms. The burnt folds were forcefully stitched to his other halves by small metal rings.

I scooched further onto the small of Shoji's back. "Okay then," Dabi extended a palm to Shoji's feet and a blue flame erupted from his palms spiralling as they cut through the smoke. Shoji jumped releasing his arms, gliding behind Dabi. My things fell to the ground as I clawed at his shoulders with the floating balloons in my hand.

He dropped to the ground behind Dabi, screening me out of the villain's sight. "Run," One of his extended mouth pods instructed. Caring little for the shopping strewn on the concrete, I stumbled my way off the road into the shrubbery, resting briefly behind a tree. I coughed into my palms, gagging from the smoke choking me. I searched for heavy rocks and shoved the threads tied to the floating equipment under their weight.

Suddenly, I heard a rustle from the shrub beside me. Carefully, I inched closer to the sound. "Aoyama?" his usual enigmatic self was terrified now, crouching behind the thicket. "What are you doing all the way across the street?" I kneeled beside him. "I can't, I can't fight." The words tumbled out of his mouth as he tried to hold back his tears. I could barely hear him when he had his nose and mouth cuffed with his palms. My head began to feel lighter too, I also pinched my nose to avoid breathing in too much of the smoke. "Of course, you can," I whined. "No, I'm not them. I'm not normal." He argued. "I know you are, I fought you last Tuesday." I shot a look at him. His expression changed as though something flitted across his eyes. "But, but there are seven of them with the entire League of Villains!" He cried. League of Villains? I had so many questions but clearly, now wasn't the time.