-22-

Yeonjun looks in the mirror one more time and fixes his left earring carefully while slightly biting his bottom lip. He brushes off his clothes and checks for any flaws before nodding and turning around to face his three friends. "How do I look?" he asks anxiously. After all, he still had a crush on him.

"I don't need to look to know you look fucking AMAZING, Hyung. Just relax and go. Remember we'll be right behind you." Taehyun, whose eyes were on his phone, says. "But do I look like I'm trying too hard?" the blue haired asks, still uncertain. "Come on, Hyung. It's not like he'll try to kidnap you or anything. Look as dashing as you want." Beomgyu chuckles and folds his arms. Hueningkai quickly turns his head to face him. "K-kidnap?" he looks at Yeonjun with alarmed eyes. "You're going to be kidnapped?"

"No, dummy. I'm just saying, you know? Why would Soobin kidnap our Hyung?" Beomgyu rolls his eyes. "Well, there are many reasons! First of all, he's smaller than him. Second, he's probably psychotic. Third, which is most obvious, it's Choi Yeonjun. Let's be honest here, who wouldn't want to kidnap him?"

The other three stared at him with half concerned, half doubting eyes. "Anyway, if I look okay, I'll be going now. You can come with me if you want, though. Not saying I need you to come or anything." he mutters the last sentence before walking out and closing the door. "He needs us, come on, let's go." Taehyun switches off his phone and gets up from the couch, taking the other two with him.

"Yah! Hyung, I can walk myself!"

_______________________________

Soobin pulls his hood on and walks down the stairs anxiously, eyes slightly red and puffy. He shoves his hands into his pockets and walks out the door, not before leaving a note for his mother to read. The usual crunch of the leaves could be heard underneath his sneakers, and those still on the trees danced in the gentle autumn breeze.

The male wished his life would be as beautiful as the season, but unfortunately for him, he had to endure this trapped cage of his. He could escape if he had wanted to, but he just didn't have the courage to do so. He was too soft and couldn't bear to hurt anyone.

Yeonjun was the very first person he had said no to. His first friend who actually showed interest in him and staying with him. Even if it was just for a few weeks, he felt as if they were friends since childhood. He couldn't imagine hurting someone who cared for him, it was just too unfair.

Soobin missed Yeonjun. He wanted to see him again, even if he had already seen him that day. Heck, he even dyed his hair to get the other curious and talk to him again. It was too unbearable for the poor boy. His mother was also going on a business trip in a week, which was just even more of a reason he needed someone by his side again.

Not just someone. He needed Yeonjun by his side. He just couldn't figure out, couldn't decipher why he was so attached to him. It hasn't been that long at all. He just felt a certain connection and now he couldn't stay away any longer. He stops in front of the small hill and looks up, pushing his hood off.

There he was, good-looking as ever. He was leaning against the tree and crouching down, doing something with his hands. Soobin sighs and pushes his bangs out of his face, shifting his weight to the other leg. Gathering the little courage he had, he walks up to see him playing with a stray cat. It had black fur and large yellow eyes. Yeonjun was grinning and stroking it lovingly, while it meows and pats his chest with its small paws.

The whole scene was just incredibly adorable. Two cats playing with each other heartily, not noticing the other standing beside them. The cat turned its head, spotted Soobin and meowed. He took a step back, startled, and lost his balance over the steep slope. "Soobin-Ah!" Yeonjun notices him leaning backwards and was about to fall.

Right before gravity betrayed him, the older had already ran to his side. He grabs his shoulders and pulls him onto his body. He stumbles backwards a little, but kept on standing. Soobin's weight leaned on him heavily, and he flinches a little. "..You okay?" he hesitates before asking. "Uh.. yeah. I'm alright." he answers awkwardly.

Yeonjun suddenly realised the position they were in and blushes a little, starting to push him off. "I'm sorry, y-you must be uncomfortable with this-" "No, I'm alright. Let's stay like this for a while." Soobin quickly interrupts, remembering what he was here for.

"U-uh.. alright.." the older stammers and wraps his arms around the taller. What had happened? He used to be like an alpha, the leader, the one who everyone feared and loved at the same time. But now.. what was this degrading feeling? Was the Choi Yeonjun actually being the smaller one now? The peasant, the low-graded, the bottom?

Soobin did the same and slowly pushed them to the tree, making the smaller surprised, confused and flustered at the same time. If he wanted to make him happy again, he had to be the one to initiate everything they do. Or else.. he might come off as ungrateful and ignorant.

He towers over Yeonjun and supports himself on it with one hand on the tree. "Wh-what are you doing?" he asks anxiously, pressed up against the hard wood by someone he never thought would do that. He didn't know how to handle being one of the common people and was just scared and confused. "Isn't it obvious what I'm doing?" Soobin smiles and bends down to look at him. He tilts his head and says,

"I like you too."