The Truth

"TANAKA! TANAKA!" Ayame shouts running up to me. "OUR FIRST DAY AS PRESIDENTS IS OVER, WE MUST CELEBRATE!"

"Uh, must we?" I snarl.

"Yes. WE MUST!" He says as dramatically as possible.

"Yeah, I already told Mayuko I'd take her out. Soo...." After the whole fainting incident, I told Mayuko that I'd make up for the whole scare by taking her out after school.

"She can come with us! The more, the merrier!"

"He is right, Tanaka. It would be a little less awkward if you weren't the only girl." Shigure says joining us.

"Only girl... wait. Oh, yeah. I forgot." Koharu and I haven't talked since I told her the truth. Even though she said she was more than fine with it.

"So, bring her along! I'd love to meet this new friend of yours!" Ayame gushes.

"Well, she's coming this way right now." I say as Mayuko exits the school building.

"What are ya'll all doing?" Hatori asks coming up. FRICK FRACK, SNICK SNACK, SKITTLE SKAT. Hatori and Mayuko aren't supposed to meet. I can't have them get together yet, and I just put it ino motion!

"Waiting on a friend of Tanaka's to come, because we're all going out to celebrate!" Ayame tells him.

"Oh, and who might that be?" Mayuko walks up to me right as he finishes his sentence.

"Who are these people?" She asks me, her eyes fixed on Hatori.

"Friends of mine, who invited themselves along." I sigh.

"Oh. Uh. Okay." She is still staring at Hatori. Which makes me really agitated. Come on woman, contain yourself.

"Is there something wrong?" Hatori notices her staring.

"Huh? Oh, no! Sorry!" She blushes.

"WELL THEN! LET'S GET GOING! THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH TIME LEFT IN THE DAY!" Ayame continues to shout.

"Could you maybe no be so loud. Not everyone here is comfortable with you constantly screaming." I moan.

"Oh, you're right. Poor Mayuko-chan might not want to ever hang out with us again. And we couldn't have that!" Ayame quiets down.

"I can't believe he listened to that. He never listens to me." I say, swing my bag over my shoulder.

"Really?" Mayuko says, trying to pay attention to me, instead of Hatori, who is walking right next to me.

"Yeah, usually he only listens to silent boy over here." I point at Hatori. Who looks even more unamused than usual.

"What?" He says.

"It doesn't matter Hatori. And maybe you should get some sleep tonight. You look like you could use it." I tell him.

"I got plenty of sleep last night. But I'm the person being the real Student Council President, instead of just being the Vice." He shrugs.

"Hey, look, I blacked out today. So, your day has not been as bad as mine." I tell him.

"You black out?!" Shigure gasps, turning to look at me.

"Yes. It was just because of stress. I'm fine. I promise."

"Yeah, stress." Mayuko nervously laughs next to me.

"I told you Mayuko. It wasn't your fault. It was mine." I say, putting my arm around her.

"Why would you think it was your fault?" Hatori asks her.