Breaking x And x Building (New Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"No", she sighed walking over towards me staring at her own reflection in the mirror frowning at her own image. "I...I want to pass Toko, but I don't want to do this alone. You're the only one here I feel like I can do this with. I don't want to do this with anyone else. I know we hardly even know each other, but it feels like we've known each other for a lifetime. At least it does for me."

I tilted my head slightly looking at Siren's reflection and smiled understanding. I knew that feeling she felt. I've felt it since I first laid eyes on her. It feels like a memory that I can't quite recall almost like, but it's a feeling instead. It's instinct. I smiled and threw my arm around Siren's neck pulling her into a tight hug. "I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else either Siren," I giggled as I rubbed my chin on top of her head. "How about this? We do everything in our power to pass together. Everything in our power to motivate each other, and everything in our power to just be there, especially when we need it the most."

Siren smiled shaking her head as she lifts slightly from my chest and looks up at me grinning. "I promise Toko. I will do everything in my power, I swear." I smiled and lowered myself towards her forehead placing a soft kiss on her skin. I chuckled as I backed away slightly just in time to see a blush washing across her cheeks, redding her face up entirely.

I grinned poking her cheeks mockingly. "You're so adorable when you blush like that Siren". I squeezed her cheeks slightly as a grandmother would as she squatted my hand away like a fly.

"You're so annoying Toko I swear," she growls as she turns her face away from me still blushing which only makes me want to tease her more. "You know you have a lot of work to do, right?"

"Work? Meaning?" I questioned as Siren turns around towards me grinning evilly.

"I've been working out here for the past two days. Tomorrow we reach the third phase, and of course, it will be as hard as the second meaning you have to be physically ready for tomorrow, and you have been lazying around for the past two days so you'll have to work your ass off today."

"I was injured and I still am. I'm not at 100% like I was", I sighed rubbing my bandaged arm.

"Which only means you'll have to work extra hard and surpass your own barrier. Prepare yourself Toks because when we finish tonight, you won't even be able to walk to your own bed or rather walk at all," she smirked as she grabs my arm.

⊰⊛⊱

If this exam didn't kill me I swear the lack of sleep I received was. Siren and I were up at least till three this morning working out. We got so carried away with trying to surpass our limit that we slaughtered our bodies until we couldn't move. Literally.  We fell asleep on the surprisingly comfortable gym floors. I think we managed five hours of sleep, but I honestly couldn't say for sure even if I wanted to at this point, my mind was completely on block standing in this freezing hell.

The next phase was Mountain Göra, an icy ghastly place with snow, on top of the snow,  build on snow. If I didn't know any better I'd say the Hunter Association is trying to kill people off. I gasped sharply as a cloud of thick mist floated from my lip. I clutched my winter jacket even more as I shivered so horridly that my brain shook. I looked around to find Siren but with so many people crowding around one another it made it difficult to recognize anyone especially with the hoodies and masks over everyone's faces.

I groaned rubbing my hands together threw my gloves as I started walking around to search for her. As I looked around some, more and more people exited out of the blimp now fully clothed in winter gear and I noticed how little the group of competitors were now. Compared to our numbers at the beginning of the exams, it was at least half that 200 or so at least now. Maybe even less than that probably. As I was remembering the previous large group of people we had, someone grips my shoulder pulling me back slightly.