9

mads lay in bed for the tenth day in a row, completely neglecting any responsibilities.

text from: talia x
lunch date today? not seen you in bare time x

text to: talia x
very sorry, not feeling great x

talia knew when her friend was lying, even over text. as soon as she found her flat door unlocked, she knew something was up. sitting herself down, she gives mads a sympathetic smile in an attempt to reassure her she wasn't a lost cause.

"ill, eh?" teased talia.

"i may have been waffling." mads laughs sadly, wiping her tear-stained eyes and sitting up.

"what's up?"

"just everything got a lot, y'know?" she says, completely brushing over it, not wanting to sound pathetic by ranting about a boy who wanted nothing to do with her.

so she thought.

"so, you and harry? what's happening there?" talia asks her, after being one of the many people who saw the moment between them, knowing it was a long time coming.

"he ran away after we kissed at the party, and he's still with katie so there is no 'us'" she sighs, no longer trying to sugar coat it.

"oh, babe. there'll be other guys, you need to let yourself look."

checking tinder, she had a notification from a guy called joe. i guess it wouldn't hurt to try...

~~

the boys were sat on harry's balcony filming a mukbang for the sidemen channel as their video idea had completely fallen through. it was very low energy, which meant harry being quiet wouldn't look so weird. he had so much on his mind, but couldn't let his love life distract him from his work.

the conversation gets around to music, and tobi does a promo for mads' song, sending harry deeper into thought as the events of that night run over and over in his mind. the fact that he had kissed her, and she hadn't objected. the fact that he was so mad at himself after, especially being mad at himself for wanting to kiss her again. the fact that spending time with her made him so much happier than spending time with katie did.

being single sounded so appealing at times.

"boggo, do you want to answer that one?" simon asks, noticing the boy had gone quiet.

"uh- what? sorry, i wasn't listening." he says, shaking himself out of his trance.

"we were talking about travelling, and we asked what the next sidemen trip is?"

"it's ibiza, isn't it? with us lot, the cals, the girlfriends and mads?" he was dreading the holiday, being in a villa with both katie and mads for two weeks was going to be hell. he could have told you that from a mile off.

the boys had all gone into the flat for some drinks to celebrate the fact that they were done filming for the week. harry was normally the life of the sesh at drinking events, encouraging everyone else to see off their drinks and do rounds of various different spirits. so when he was sat in the corner on his phone, everyone knew there was something up.

"you not drinking, bog?" simon asks the boy, bringing his attention to the group.

"didn't realise you'd got them out, mate. sorry." he says, walking over the the bar and grabbing himself a vodka redbull. hoping, somehow, the alcohol will fix all his problems.

"what's up?" tobi says knowingly. he saw the chemistry between the pair, and couldn't understand why they ran away.

"nothing, man. just not feeling great at the minute."

"you're a wank liar, y'know?" ethan adds, walking over to join their conversation.

"fine. just girl problems." harry says, downing the drink in his hand.

"katie giving you problems?"

"mhm." he nods.

"if you were happy with katie, would you have kissed mads?" tobi asks the boy. fucking with his head even more. what tobi says made sense, and he enjoyed the kiss. but katie was the love of his life, he told himself.

"hate to break it to you, boggo. but i wouldn't check twitter, if you don't want it to get worse." ethan sighs, giving his mate a pat on the back, knowing the shit storm that was about to unfold.

1 new notification from: imessage
1 new text from: katie x
WTF IS THIS?? (twitter link)

99+ new notifications from: twitter
@/keemstar tagged you in a tweet

oh shit.

a/n - so i wrote this chapter weeks ago, and literally a few hours ago the sidemen mukbang came out so i could use some of that, which is mad.