4

"morning wanker." harry whispers in her ear as she slowly comes around.

"morning dickhead." mads says pushing herself off of his chest, walking through to the kitchen to try and escape his view as tears brim in her eyes at the memory of the night before. sure jack wasn't great, but she loved him. her head falls as a sigh escapes her mouth, she felt lost.

seeing her on the counter, an idea forms in harry's mind. he felt a duty to help her, just as he had last night.

"lets have a day, just us two. you can forget about him."

"what if i had plans?" she asks, acting cocky to try and distract him from her joy.

"i know you. you're lazy and have no mates, you definitely don't have plans." he smirks as she walks away to get ready.

the familiar voice of liam gallagher fills her ears as she turns on her spotify to help her get ready. looking herself in the mirror, her face falls. not only had jack emotionally scarred her, the glass had left her face covered in cuts and scratches. her straighteners made her feel more like herself, being able to burn out any remainder of the curls jack insisted she sport.

as 'SHES ELECTRIC' plays out of her speaker for the fourth time today, he shouts back to turn it off. her childish instinct drives her to turn it up just a bit higher.

finally having finished getting ready, she takes a look at the girl staring back at her in the mirror. the scars on her face covered by concealer, and harry's big hoodie she had borrowed covered those on her arms. she had always stolen his clothes throughout their friendship, much to the dismay of his ex-girlfriend who saw it as a reason to be jealous.

walking out of her room and doing and overdramatic twirl, she asks the boy, "how do i look?"

"ugly as usual!" he replies, grinning widely, trying to play off his awe at the girl infront of him. seeing her in his trademark 'childish' hoodie only making him happier, it looked a lot better on her to be honest.

while waiting for harry to get ready, mads sat on his sofa in his living room chatting to his roommates.

"so, what are you and harry doing today then?" lux says with a smirk.

"he's helping me make a second channel and then we'll probably go out for food or something. what's with the smirk?"

"nothing. just watching you two hide your very obvious feelings for each other is very entertaining to watch." freezy remarks, which is met by another eye roll from her, oblivious to her own feelings.

luckily, harry walks out of his room just at that moment to save her from more awkward conversation. they both head into the boys room, sitting down at his desk to set up her new channel. because he only had one chair, she ended up sat on his knee, much to his delight.

in a friendly way. obviously.

"did you have to sit there?"

"if you could be bothered to move your fat arse to get another chair, i wouldn't have to." she says, messing up his hair to piss him off. she starts thinking about how good he looks with messy hair.

wtf is wrong with you mads? he's. your. friend.

m- HEY GUYS AND WELCOME TO MOREBIRCHY, MY NEW SECOND CHANNEL

h- f**king hell, you're louder than me.

m- so basically, i've decided to make a second channel for videos that i want to make that aren't covers.

h- you're so northern. oh my god.

m- 1. #stopbirchyabuse 2. anyways, because as much as i love my main channel, something like a reddit video really wouldn't fit, so yeah. today, i'm here with my mate harry, he has quite a small channel, i'm not sure if you guys will have heard of it.

she cups his chin with her hand. internally kicking herself as she knew this would make the fans go mad.

h- alright guys.

m- now, i already see you stans shipping us, stop. there is no us. we are friends. i don't want to see any of that 'oOo how cute', no.

she says, looking deadpan in the lens.

h- thank you!

m- so today, we're going to be looking at r/birchy...

~~

she leaves harry to edit and upload the video as she heads back to her apartment to get changed. they were only going to spoons so it didn't have to be anything special, just something a bit dressier than a tracksuit is probably advisable.

the pair ended up in a bar near their tower. with each round of shots, they got more and more drunk, losing all rationality they had left.

"let's play tennis." the boy blurts out, the alcohol levels in his body encouraging him to speak his mind.

"what do you mean?"

"the other night at the party, you said 'sex should be as easy as just playing tennis'. well why can't it be? let's have sex!"

"okay, but we need some rules. just sex, no feelings, no relationship, we stay as just friends. we're just friends that shag."

friends with benefits was never going to work. everyone around them knew this, knew that they were only messing up what they both wanted. but they were drunken and irrational, and so it seemed smart.

what's the worst that could happen?

the couple got an uber back to the house, racy thoughts filling their minds as they anticipated the nights events. they were both looking forward to it more than they would care to admit. throwing the door open, they kick off their shoes and run into the bedroom, as kids would on christmas morning. they stripped off and looked at each other properly for the first time, giving each other joking notes of approval to try and hide their feeling.

both of them take deep breaths in to try and console their nerves at doing this, he steps towards her, once again asking for her consent to do it.

picking her small body up and pushing her against the door, he started off the nights events. he starts with just kissing her, roughly and passionately, to try and distract himself from his rush of endorphins that came from it. she found herself questioning her enjoyment, as it was 'just with her mate', in her words. acting completely oblivious to her own desire.

the kissing heats up as he moves her to the bed. both of them scrambling to get under the covers as they take the remainder of their clothes off and their bodies quickly became entangled. any rationality left behind was gone and replaced with pure bliss.