𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

"You are still standing here didn't I tell you to leave Khadijha is already waiting in the car." Joaquin yells hastily while he runs around the apartment looking for his jacket. While I am standing in front of the mirror in the hall wondering what the hell I was thinking. Why didn't I tell Khadijha that I wasn't feeling well or just straight up told her the truth that I don't want to be in the same room as Hero and didn't want a movie where he was the main character and makes out with the girl which he cheated with on me. Deep breaths April.
My phone is laying on the counter the chat of him opened while I stare at his last message from a few days ago. I didn't answer it, I couldn't I mean it was my idea that we'd act normal around each other but that didn't include him texting me something like this. He didn't text again after that and I just hope that we could pretend like he didn't sent it. I release myself from my rigid and grab my phone locking it and waiting at the door frame for Joaquin. He finally comes out of his room shrugging on the black jacket he searched for about an hour. "Ready?" He asks me closing the door behind us. We go down the stairs and I nod taking in a deep breath. "As ready as I can be."
"I'm proud of you, you know that? You don't like movies and the situation with Hero isn't pretty good either but you're being a good friend for Khadijha." He says squeezing my hand. That's the only thing why I'm actually doing this. Khadijha. She was so excited about the movie, Madison is going to be there, Joaquin and Chase. It's going to work out just fine maybe I'm not even going to see Hero he's probably sitting at the front with the directors or the author. I hope so.
I look up at Joaquin and give him a small smile. We get into the car and say quick hellos to Khadijha, Madison and Chase. I'm currently squished between J and Chase in the backseat which doesn't make it any easier to mask my nervousness. My leg starts to bounce and Chase puts his hand on my knee to calm me down. It doesn't make me uncomfortable because even though I know Chase is interested in me he wouldn't ever press me. He's just being a friend and I'm really thankful for that.

"You okay?" He asks me quietly so the others won't hear him over the music blasting out of the radio. "No." I tell him truthfully. He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. "You still don't need to go you know that? Khadijha wouldn't be mad she understands your situation, we all do." His words don't calm me down because it confirms my worries. Everyone around me is being so helpful and understanding and don't get me wrong I love them for that. But after almost three months I should be over Hero and I want to give them something back that's why I'm here. I don't want to be the sad girl anymore I don't even really know who I am. "No its okay. It's gonna be fun." I say shrugging my shoulders and trying to get some enthusiasm in my voice. He looks at me skeptically for a few seconds but then nods and his eyes wander to the streets out of the window. Khadijha lets us out in front of the movie theater and drives off with the car to get it parked. Chase puts a hand on my back while we get inside and I try to ignore the flashing lights and the paparazzi calling my name while they ask me about the cheating, Hero, our relationship and about Chase and me dating. Why the hell do they think we're dating? As if I could fall in love that fast again. Hero could.
I'm going to see him for the first time since a while maybe just from a distance but my stomach still feels silly if I think about it. Once we're in the theater Chase and Joaquin make their way over to get snacks for us all. I stand at the side lonely and feel pretty uncomfortable. "Hey." I flinch because the voice scared me to death. I slowly turn around even though I knew I had to face him some time. It was inevitable. And to my dismay there he stands all tall and gorgeous in his bomber jacket looking like I could snuggle into it late at night. My eyes wander up to his face and go over his familiar features stopping by his blue eyes. These eyes gave me comfort three months ago, they made me feel loved and coveted and now..now it's the same look. His eyes didn't change not one bit. The strings on my heart pull painfully at this realization. Why is he looking at me like that if he's the one who fucked up? I probably should say something or it's gonna get pretty awkward after my gawking. "Hi. How are you doing?" I slide my sweaty palms against my dress trying to calm my beating heart. He puts his hands in his pockets the signal that he's nervous. Thank god I'm not the only one.
"I'm doing good it's same old. How was Arizona?" Is he really trying to force us two to have small talk? "Arizona was pretty good." It doesn't seem like he wants to talk about his text message and I think he's pretty amazing at covering it up. "Look I wanted-" he gets interrupted when someone steps behind me putting their hand protectively on my back. I glance at Chase and see him staring at Hero his brows furrowed. Hero immediately puts his hands out of his pocket standing straight making his frame even taller, his lips forming a straight line and the light that glimmers in his blue eyes normally is gone now. "Hey I don't think we met. I'm Chase." He holds out his hand and Hero shakes it more like squeezes it really tight. The tension in the air is practically one step away from exploding and the two boys just stare at each other. If I'm not going to do anything than this is going to escalate pretty quick. "Should we get inside?" I look up to Chase who reluctantly removes his eyes from Hero. At my voice Hero's mouth opens and he looks like I've betrayed him. Which is wrong. He betrayed me.
I know that this is going to hurt me more than Hero but I take Chase's hand and we get into the room. I shouldn't use Chase like this especially when I know he has feelings for me but I don't think I could face Hero and Jo together without him at my side.