Chapter 6

Date : April 27,2022.

Episode 6 : Hearts.

"It's sad that not everyone us born with the same privilege and it's upsetting at times. "

Author's pov :

Today you were going to go visit the orphanage that you were currently volunteering at . It was called "Happy Home".
In today's episode you would be showing something that you do, and you decided to visit the orphanage along with Qian Xi - to introduce him to the kids. You had started working there about two years ago, tough it was only volunteering . You taught the kids when you had time and played around and took care of them. They were such lovely young children. Currently there were fifteen of them - all ranging from ages one to sixteen. Some were there for quite a long time while some weren't for long. The newest member of the family was Kai, he was only two years old. He was found outside the orphanage one early spring morning. It was sad to see all these kids living like this yet they had smiles on their faces.

You wore light blue denims and a black shirt and white shoes.  You wanted to wear something comfortable and It was simple yet comfortable. You paired it with a black sling bag and kept your phone, wallet and other necessary things inside.
You grabbed the card board box from the living room table, it had some books and clothes that the neighbourhood kids didn't use anymore. You were sure that the kids would be happy with them.

The previous night.

You walked to and fro in the room as you waited for him to answer the call. You were a little nervous as to how he would react to your suggestion.

You : Hello
Him : Hello, (y/n)? Something's up?
You : hey, yeah... I wanted to ask you if you were okay with going to the place I was volunteering at for the next episode ?
Him : Ah I see. Sure, I'd love to see the place you're working at.Where is it?
You : Have you heard of Happy Home? It's an orphanage, just a little away from the main town.
Him : Ah I see. I haven't heard about it. But I'd love to visit it .
You : I'm glad to hear that . So we'll visit it?
Him : Sure. Can I ask something?
You : Sure, what is it?
Him : How many kids are there at the orphanage currently?
You : Fifteen of them.
Him : Okay, got it. So I'll come and pick you tomorrow?
You : Alright. So I'll see you tomorrow.
Him :  Sure see you tomorrow. Good night.
You : Good night.

The call ended and you had a smile plastered on your face. You were happy but a little nervous as well. You were wondering what the kid's reaction would be because he would be the first new person that came in to visit/help after Linong.

Present time ~

You were waiting downstairs from him, “arriving in five minutes” his message had read. "(Y/n), are you heading somewhere today?", your next door neighbour asked as she came down from the stairs. She was around 70 years old ,who lived with her granddaughter .
"Ah, yes granny, I'm going to the orphanage " ,you replied to her with a smile. "Hao, that's great. By the way, I've seen your new show and you and that singer make a good pair" she said with a smile as she patted your back. "Ah... Thank you granny " you said a little unsure of what you should have replied with.

After she left, a car entered the driveway and it stopped at it's usual spot, it was his car. You lifted the cardboard box and made your way towards him. As you walked, the box became lighter, "let me carry it " a voice said as it took the box from you, it was Jackson. "Thank you " you said as he led the way towards the car. You helped him open the trunk of the car and keep the box. You got in the car and fastened your seatbelt. "Excited?" You asked as you looked at him. "Yeah,this will be the first time I'm visiting one " he said as he nodded his head. You both had quite a few first times together and those were really good memories. "Oh and I bought some gifts for the kids. It isn't much but just some few things . I hope they'll like them  ",he said as he started the engine.
"You didn't have to,but thank you so much for taking the trouble. I'm sure the kids will love them ",you replied with a warm smile. You were touched by how thoughtful he was. "It's no Biggie,Let's hope so " he replied a little nervous. You took a glance at him as he started the car engine - he looked dashing as always. You didn't stare too long ,you quickly moved your gaze. Staring for too long could be injurious to the health.