#56 First time you saw him/her cry

Raphael

It was the days his sister Rosa died. She was his last living relative. You came home right before the sun came up. Usually Raphael always expects you right in the shadows behind the door. But today the hallway was empty. You found Raphael in his room, sitting at the rim of his bed. He was ready for bed. His phone was smattered on the floor. As he looked at you, you saw his red and puffy eyes and the wet stains on his cheeks. He shivered. "The elderly home called. She's dead. I'm alone now."

Alec

The first time you saw him cry was when he found out that you fancied Raphael whilst you were still with him. He wasn't angry with you, he could never be angry with you. He was hurt that he wasn't enough for you, and torturedhimself by imagining the pair of you together. You hugged him tight, crying yourself, and apologised to him, over and over again.

Jace

Jace could nowhere be found. He wasn't in his room, not in the Dojo, not with his siblings. You remembered that he once told you about a certain spot on the roof, that he liked because the view was stunning at night. You channeled your way onto the roof until you found your boyfriend facing away from you. As you called his name he turned around and you saw his tear streaked cheeks. You hugged him and he sobbed into your neck. Asking what happened he answered: "I had a fight with Alec. He got a rebuke because of an unapproved mission that was my idea. I feel so guitly and don't even have the strength to apologize. I can't lose him. He's my parabatai. We just seem to be so far apart."

Meliorn

It was right after midnight in the seelie realm when you were woken by soft sobs next to you. As you opened your eyes and sat up you saw Meliorn, curled up next to you, crying. You gently shook him by the shoulder. He opened his teary eyes. "Sorry, I woke you up. Go back to sleep, my pot of honey." His voice was broken and quiet. You asked him if he had a nightmare and he shook his head no. "You remember that mission some days ago? One of my best friends got killed and right now I have no idea what to do." You spooned him and stroked his face. "I've spend my entire life with him. If parabatai would exist in the seelie world, he would have been mine."

Isabelle

The first time you saw Izzy cry was out of anger. She was raging, wandering through her room, from one corner to another. "Aldertree seriously thinks I can't go on that stupid mission because I am girl. He said that the good shadowhunters need to go. It's serious and can't be messed up. I AM a good Shadowhunter. I was raised to be one. I am better than most men and still that..." She screamed out of anger and tears streamed down her face. Her soul was on fire and there was nothing you could have done about it.

Maia

Maia hasn't answered any of your calls so you just longed for the sun to go down to get the Jade Wolf. The moment you arrived, one of the werewolves hissed at you "If you search your girl, I'm happy to announce that she left the pack." You searched for her and listened carefully, just to follow the sobs. You found Maia sitting behind one of the storage containers at the port. Kneeling down in front of her, you wrapped your arms around her, trying to calm her down. "They say I would never be a good Alpha and I should go, because I'm not good in anything. Since Luke is so busy, everything became worse." You held her until her sobs stopped.

Magnus

The reason he cried was because of you. You had one of your big lows when you just felt insecure and useless. You were a mundane, not as strong as a vampire, not as feisty as a seelie, not a nephilim, a werewolf and not a warlock. You thought you were nothing. After a little fight with Magnus about a mission he attended in you let the phrase slip, that almost broke his heart: "I know I am useless. I am nothing. I'm just a mundane that will probably die within the next five years when I don't get my shit together. You better leave me as long as you can." Your watery eyes brought him over the edge. Silenty the tears ran over his cheeks. "Is this how you feel about yourself? About us?" Immediately regretting what you said you took a step back. He rushed towards you and hugged you tight. You felt his wet tears running down your neck. "You are exactly who I need in my life. When will you start to understand?"

Will

The first time you saw Will cry was when he thought you were dead. Youhad gotten too close to a demon and unfortunately it had injured you a fair bit. Seeing the Seelie Queen kneeling by your unconscious body, Will immediately feared the worst.

Jem

The only time you have ever seen Jem cry was when Will went missing. Both of you cried when you found out; he was your brother and his parabatai. You wandered the halls of the Institute looking for Jem, needing comfort, when youfound him on the floor in the library, crying. You embraced him tightly, bothof you seeking comfort from each other.

Jordan

The first time you saw him cry was when you were at a low point. Yousaw yourself as a useless werewolf who didn't have the strength to control themselves. His heart broke seeing you like this, and he sobbed with you, stroking your hair and whispering "I hate seeing you like this. You are wortheverything to me"

Tessa

The first time you saw Tessa cry was when she saw you packing a suitcase. It was a big misunderstanding: you were packing to surprise her with a week away in Athens, but she thought you were leaving her. She was so apologetic, convinced that she had done something to drive you away. This was the moment you realised that the seemingly confident warlock was actually self conscious,deep down, like you. You handed her the tickets as you hugged her from behind.