chapter two

Depuis le début

"The one and only!" I said, still laughing. "I'm heading towards customs now."

"Okay great, I'll start heading towards the airport now then!" He said excitedly.

"Okay, I'll see you soon Lee!" I said, and we hung up the phone.

He waited to leave until I landed because customs can take forever but by some stroke of luck I managed to get in line at just the right time, and only minutes later the line became massive as a few planes had just landed. It only took around 15 minutes altogether and I was quite surprised.
After customs I headed towards a restroom, wanting to freshen up since I wasn't feeling too clean after the flight. I brushed my hair and teeth quickly and reapplied my deodorant and perfume. Then I found a change of clothes in my suitcase and decided to put on a loose gray tank top and a pair of light wash paper bag high waisted jean shorts, tucking my tank into my shorts. I kept on my white AF1's,  but was glad to not be wearing the same hoodie and joggers I had worn the whole flight. I threw everything back in my suitcase and headed outside, getting a text from Liam just then that he was here. Perfect timing, Lee.

"OMG MILEY CYRUS IS THAT REALLY YOU???" I hear in the most ridiculous impression of a sorority girl, as Liam pulls up in front of me with his windows rolled all the way down. I couldn't help but laugh as he got out of the car to hug me.

"Welcome to LA Madi!!" He shouted, picking me up in a big hug. I thanked him and he helped me put my suitcase in the trunk before we both climbed in the car.

"Did you wear that on the flight? How were you not freezing?" He asked.

"No, I just got freshened up because I finished customs quickly and felt gross in those sweats I had worn all day." I replied.

He nodded his head and then suggested, "Okay Madi, I know you are probably super jet lagged so we can go home and start unpacking or you can take a nap or whatever you want, or, if you're down, we could go get breakfast?"

I looked over at him and giggled, "You're starving aren't you?"

His pleading eyes did all the talking and so with a chuckle I said breakfast would be great, and that I was hungry as well. He told me to look up some places and tell him what I thought looked good, and he'd let me know if it was a good spot or not. I opened my phone and started looking up some places and naming off suggestions.

"IHOP? What does that even mean?" I asked.

Liam laughed and said, "International House of Pancakes. Good, but mediocre. We're going for gold here!"

"Okay so you want more of a diner or a cafe type vibe?" I asked.

"Yes! They always have better food." He replied.

"There's one called Beachwood Cafe that has almost five stars. Have you heard of that one?" I asked.

"I don't know why I didn't think of that one, Harry loves that place. He's been telling me to come with him for months now. It's his favorite spot, so it must be good." He said.

"Let's try it then!" I exclaimed.

"Harry is going to be mad that I tried it without him, but the look on his face when I tell him will be so worth it." He said, imagining Harry's reaction and laughing. I'd never met Harry before so I couldn't exactly picture it, but I'd heard all about how dramatic he was, so I knew that it would definitely be funny.