[35] The Temple Tales VI : Wails And Wandering

Beginne am Anfang

This side of the temple felt so silent.

Shifting the lantern in my left hand, I walked past the doors only to stop at the bigger ones on my right side. The door wasn't bolted. So, I pushed it slightly and brought the lantern forward.

Entering inside, I looked around and saw the reflections of light around the shelves.

It was a big kitchen.

Immediately, my stomach growled and my throat felt dry. Gulping slowly, I walked closer to the shelves and found the earthen pots on the marbled counter.

Finding a glass from the shelf full of organized utensils, I picked up one of the glass and took out the water.

Drinking hurriedly, I took large gulps of water and let out a huge gasp.

Wiping my mouth, I was about to walk towards the large marble rectangular sink in the middle of the shelf at another wall. But my steps halted the moment I heard it again.

Misty. . .

The glass fell from hand in the horror.

Fearing getting caught any soon, I picked up the lantern that I had put on the floor hurriedly and jogged out of the kitchen. The door shut as I pulled it close.

Turning around, I could already sense someone coming to this corridor. Whoever it was, must be coming from the back of the temple. Because the sound of someone walking came from that way.

I hurriedly ran back towards the front near Severa's statue.

A loud scream echoed around followed by a loud slap.

My eyes widened and I looked up immediately.

All the sanity left my mind when I saw someone holding a lantern on the third floor, looking down at me.

My heart started throbbing in terror while the woman in cloak brought the lantern closer to her face.

I couldn't recognize her seriously. The shadow and light were hiding her face so well despite the lantern's light near her face. She was far and I couldn't even concentrate because of the continuous screams echoing around.

It felt like I was spending a night at a mental asylum.

The woman turned her head and walked away after a long stare. She went towards her left quietly while I gulped hard shakily.

Feeling the chills against my spine, I walked ahead under the roof. My hands roamed against the carvings of wolves and faces on the pillars that Lucine had shown me at the beginning.

Giggles erupted from the stairways that I had left behind, making me stunned. I hid behind a pillar to sense three-four girls running around in fun.

"The Goddess would smell you, Maya." One of them chuckled while running after her.

"I have no face on my mind. But my own, " the girl yelled, making them chuckle. "A black shadow. An empty space yet in the form of a man. The Goddess knows. She allows it. Because she too must have done the same."

The girls giggled again while running towards the way of the kitchen.

I blinked in shock while looking around in the darkness. A hiss escaped me as I had touched the warm glass of the lantern by mistake.

Misty. . .

I sighed helplessly while tears erupted in my eyes. God, I didn't want to be here anymore. I missed Karam. I wanted to be with him than be anywhere.