43| The Rejected Vendetta

^Alpha Chase Pictured^

~Alexei~

"Well, I'm glad you all could find the time to make it here today," 

I mention as I sit at the head of the narrow wooden conference table set on a private beach behind the kingdom of Kailea. Alpha Sora of Lotus sits on the right side, expressionless as he clasps his hands on his legs. Beta Oro sits beside him with considerable distance between them as he scratches his chin. 

On the left side, Alpha Chase of Forester looked anxious and fidgets nervously, refusing to look up from the table with his Lunos Markus beside him. But unlike Sora and Oro, Markus is so close he's practically touching arms with his mate. His heated gaze carefully watching Oro's every move. Their Beta Azariah is the only calm one who wears a worried smile.

My son sits across from me on the opposite side of the table with his tablet in hand to take notes for us, excited to take part in his first meeting as the future King of Kailea. I can't say I'm not relieved to have my own son by my side, making decisions instead of Juniper. 

"You say it like you didn't storm into our packs with your troops and force our attendance," Beta Oro comments and I look to Artemis who shrugs without sympathy. 

"Well, unfortunately, it seems we've gotten to the point where force is necessary," I cover for her and Oro scoffs. 

"None the less, let's get down to the bottom of this. The cold war between Lotus and Forester must stop to regain balance and order on Kailea. Now I get it, it's personal-" 

"Personal?" Alpha Sora interrupts me with his hands tightened into a fist on the table with a small laugh he stares down Alpha Chase. 

"You're damn right it's personal. How can I possibly enter any sort of contract or agreement with a hypocrite who's gone against everything his own pack stands for?" Sora shames Chase who peers up slightly. 

"Alpha Sora, this might come as a shock to you but I did not willingly sleep with your mate," Chase confesses and I let this play out because if Beta Oro did the unthinkable, I'm going to make sure he's no longer the Beta of anything. Markus takes a small toothpick and toys with it, chewing the very tip with an eery calm in his essence. 

"He raped me," As soon as Chase says the words Oro laughs out loud, shaking his head.

"You're lying," Oro responds, sitting back in his seat with disbelief while Sora seems to freeze in place. 

"He came to my house before I was mated, we argued, and as I tried to stand up for myself he held me down-"

"I don't need to hear any more," Sora interrupts Chase while looking like he was about to be sick.